Uh-o's Need a new clutch

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Driving around today when i made a right hand turn onto a side street and as soon as I pressed the clutch, I heard a horrible squeeling and the clutch was slipping bad. The clutch had been slowly but surely going for awhile, today it just finally gave out. I called my father and he got the car home. He said the horrible squeeling was the throw out bearing and he said that im going to have to get a new clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, a new cable, and im going to have to get the fly wheel resurfaced. So what clutch kits do you recommend and how much do you think this is going to run me guys? Its a 95 gt.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
if you plan on adding some major power i'd just upgrade your clutch now, have to replace it anyway. if not just replace it with a stocker.
keep an eye on ebay and post a WTB here in the classifieds.

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
SilverSol said:
if you plan on adding some major power i'd just upgrade your clutch now, have to replace it anyway. if not just replace it with a stocker.
keep an eye on ebay and post a WTB here in the classifieds.

Id rather not replace with a stocker, i was thinking more along the lines of a king cobra.

4point6GT

Reaction score
KB is perfect if ur on a budget, if not get a centerforce DF like me :) goodluck

ryclef331

Reaction score
4point6GT said:
KB is perfect if ur on a budget, if not get a centerforce DF like me :) goodluck

I've heard and seen alot of crap go wrong with the Centerforce's when the power starts approaching 450rwhp. Just my opinion....

I run a clutchmasters stage 3 (rated to 750hp). I know alot of mustang guys don't run'em but damn if they shouldn't I just took mine out to pull the motor and after about 5,000 hard (and mean HARD) miles, and numerous hard hitting 5,000grand launches on ET STreets, it LITERALLY looks new. Little to no dust in the bellhousing and and you can still see the machine marks in the flywheel and pressure plate. This is what was reccomended to me by Astroperformance.com and I've gotta say, it is a fantastic clutch. GREAT performance and holding power, no chatter, and pedal effort it near stock..

My recipe is

RAM Billet Steel Flywheel
Clutchmasters Stage 3 Clutch kit
UPR Quadrant, Firewall Adj, and Cable.

4point6GT

Reaction score
well thank god im no where near that power range then :), yet

gixxer007

Reaction score
You are most likely gonna have to get a new bearing retainer shaft or what ever the correct woeds are for it. This is what the thrw out bearing rides on.
The worst part about that is I just threw a brand new one out a few weeks ago I got sick of it hanging around my garage. Other wise I would have given it to you for shipping only.

Good luck

S

scarface

I had a centerforce DF in my 97, I was very happy with it.

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Well also remember guys this is my daily driver. So can someone post links to sites who sell the center force and would it be good for every day use? I want something better then stock, but i dont want something outrageous.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:

i have used them many times in the past too and like them very much.......however I have never had a mega HP car like Rycleff was talking about at the 450 level

wytstang

Reaction score
http://ddperformance.com/ford clutches.htm
Call them up and they will set you straight, I have alway recieved straight forward info and no selling gemics from the Walshes. They sell you what you need unless you ask them what you want (if that makes sense). With your aplication I would go with the HD Clutch over the KC clutch, from the ass load of research I've done the HD clutch is actually better then KC clutch as far as parts used (clutch disc).

S

scarface

Snakebit said:
scarface said:

i have used them many times in the past too and like them very much.......however I have never had a mega HP car like Rycleff was talking about at the 450 level
me neither???

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
scarface said:
nope go buy one.

I am having trouble on their site finding the exact thing i need which would be the center force df you mentioned. I need a pressure plate, clutch, and throw out bearing. Do they have this as a kit?

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
I have a SPEC Stage 2 clutch with SPEC aluminum flywheel. No problems and grabs like a mofo..

Reaction score
Stay away from Spec. They grab a little to good and causes havoc on the tranny. Centerforce grabs very well, but still lets some go to let the tranny live. I have a Centerforce and I will never buy another clutch. King Cobra is also a nice piece, but very stiff. CF is easier to push in then my stock one or a KC clutch.

97vertstang

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
4point6GT said:

I've heard and seen alot of crap go wrong with the Centerforce's when the power starts approaching 450rwhp. Just my opinion....

I run a clutchmasters stage 3 (rated to 750hp). I know alot of mustang guys don't run'em but damn if they shouldn't I just took mine out to pull the motor and after about 5,000 hard (and mean HARD) miles, and numerous hard hitting 5,000grand launches on ET STreets, it LITERALLY looks new. Little to no dust in the bellhousing and and you can still see the machine marks in the flywheel and pressure plate. This is what was reccomended to me by Astroperformance.com and I've gotta say, it is a fantastic clutch. GREAT performance and holding power, no chatter, and pedal effort it near stock..

My recipe is

RAM Billet Steel Flywheel
Clutchmasters Stage 3 Clutch kit
UPR Quadrant, Firewall Adj, and Cable.
how much did it run u??? their only like 5min away from my house and would like to go ask them about it, i just dont want to look stupid if its super expensive. if the stage 3 is not that expensive i might go pick one up, i dont need a clutch now , but eventually ill need one.

scootin95gts

Reaction score
i got a king cobra clutch on mine i like it alot its pretty stiff too...only thing i hate is when i lightly touch the clutch pedal it make an annoying squeel until i let off of it anyone know how i can fix t his annoying prob?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010