Uh......yea what motor doesnt pull at 5 grand

monkeydude3

Reaction score
yeah my NPI just falls on it's face after about 4500 rpm. ::sigh::

Next year, swapping in a low milage PI motor and then tearing down the old one to build to insanity

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
well a stock NPI 2v for one!!

hey man your not suppose to knock the stang here I'm trying to hate on the Neon's :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: j/k nothing like a skittle to brighten your day

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Neon's, it aint hard to hate on em.
Yahoo motors has consumer raitings, and the Neon has the worst raiting of any car for reoccuring problems that the manufacturer doesn't fix.
Woot Dodge!

monkeydude3

Reaction score
haha you guys would love this. At the Ford dealer where I work, we got a 99 (or so) neon in on a trade in. It only had 65000 miles on it, and had more fluid leaks than you could count, brakes were shot, various parts of the engine were almost rusted through, the exhaust was ready to fall off... it was pretty sad.

Those SRT4s from what I've heard and seen, are pretty quick little turds, but they still have the fantastic Neon reliability... or lack there of

S

scarface

I have a special place in my heart for the SRT4...If I needed another car right now, I would buy one. There really isn't too many reliability issues with the 2.4 engine. Those cars are the easiest thing I have ever owned to work on and upgrade.

I'm sure you have heard it before, but there is a difference between a Neon and And SRT-4. Look at it like compairing and 04 v6 stang and a 04 Cobra. Most parts can be made to fit, but they are entirely different cars.

But since I own a stang now, I think I have to make fun of them or they will take my subscription to Mullet Monthly away :)

monkeydude3

Reaction score
lol! Yeah I always had it in my mind if I ever was in the position to have disposable income, I'd buy me one. But if I were to own an SRT4, it would in no way be my main car... so at that time, if I have one, I had better have a GT500 as my main car! :D ;D

S

scarface

I had one, and it was a REALLY fun car. I was a great Daily Driver. WAYYYYYYY easier to drive than my stang.

However I would not trade my stang for one.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
seems like my 97 GT rofl... atleast 1st gear @ 5k is a straight dog. Just alot of bark w/o bite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online