Uhh headlights

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I changed my mind about projector headlights. Here the thing i want:

CRYSTAL CLEAR HEADLIGHTS. I mean 100 % clear like smoked lights look. I looked at over 30 pages of sn95 stangs and haven't seen any with theses. I mean i want them 100 % smooth clear.. no lines. Something this clear:
2377556_40_full.jpg

2377556_60_full.jpg

All the clear ones i seen aren't that clear :mad: I messaged someone on SVTP forums that has a pair of clear headlights but he isn't sure where he purchased them. (hes a member on here according to the sn95forum pic in his sig on svtp lol. He told me to check uprproducts.com and theres 1 kit thats $199.. DAYUMMM. The down side about upr lights is the corners arent super clear :/ Is there anywhere else to get a cheaper super clear kit @?? Does any recognize theses headlights below:
98_cobrasvt.jpg

umm there would be more pictures of his car, but SVTP is not fully working for me :/ :noes: ::)

example of unclear corners
9498cc_lrg.gif
$199

94_98_Ultra_Clear_LRG.gif
$150 ?? ? GOT DAMNNN! 150 JUST FOR THE LIGHTS.
9498uc_lrg.gif
$60 for the sides.

Anyways does anyone else know where i can find a set with 100 % clear everything w/o that diamond shit kind of like the 1st riced out stang. (i know his is 1pc)

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
i am confused

Me 2. I want a 4 pc set of 100 % crystal clear headlights.. without the diamond pattern showing. Bascially, i want the leans to look exactly like a smoked lenses but w/o the smoked tint.. kind of like that 1st cobra shown above.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
So you want clear headlights but not ones that look like diamonds? You just want a clear lense right? Hmmmm I forgot where I seen these

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Fets said:
So you want clear headlights but not ones that look like diamonds? You just want a clear lense right? Hmmmm I forgot where I seen these
:help2:

:'( Yep. I know there has to be 1 made around. If not ill go with some VERY clear lights than with the diamond pattern.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Get some stockers and get clear corners

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
but the diamond/crystal pattern inside is what reflects the light forward so you can see. The ones up top are projector and don't need that type of interior...i like the ones you posted on stangnet better.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
but the diamond/crystal pattern inside is what reflects the light forward so you can see. The ones up top are projector and don't need that type of interior...i like the ones you posted on stangnet better.

Me too till i think i read about 3 of your posts over there referring to projector lights lol. Seems they throw out shitty light w/o hids also compared to your clear ones installed now.

So im guessing thats why smoke lights are shitty at night time (at least for me) ? I mean it doesn't have any crystal/diamond pattern on them so nothing can reflect the light, correct?

The headlights i posted on here/stangnet was projectors without the crystal pattern. If i run non hid equipment than it'll have shitty light which would be a waste of money.

Are theses anything like yours (droptop)- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-9...020QQitemZ300085144143QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well the smoked don't throw out as much light because of the tinted lense blocking the light...they look friggen sweet but don't function as good thats why i didn't get them. I would buy those black projectors that you posted on Stangnet because they look good and with a hid kit would still have a functioning high/low beam. I might buy a set of them in the future and do what MijoLatino did and remove the stock crap projector lense and get some from a Audi or BMW and glue/seal them in.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
well the smoked don't throw out as much light because of the tinted lense blocking the light...they look friggen sweet but don't function as good thats why i didn't get them. I would buy those black projectors that you posted on Stangnet because they look good and with a hid kit would still have a functioning high/low beam. I might buy a set of them in the future and do what MijoLatino did and remove the stock crap projector lense and get some from a Audi or BMW and glue/seal them in.

Thing about hids is.. im not sure when i can get them since moving locations really cut my $$$$. I just want something where i can see potholes at night/drive safely and im guessing a pair of clear lights would help this. Anyways, i found a pair of lights im going buy... which looks the best to you guys.

Im going with 2 since its looks more clear :dunno: than again #1 from the side looks clear also :dunno: :dancing6: #1 looks more like my smokes currently. Also, out of 1 or 2... which one would throw out more light you think?? thats the factor that will decide which ones i buy.

1-
LH_FM94E_DP_CMB_SB1.jpg

2-
LH-FM94A-KS+CMUST94E.jpg

Or go the cheaper route and buy a 2 piece headlight set than buy 2 corners:
The thing about buying from separate buyers is something could lost in the mail or worse than your ass'd out because your missing apart of your lights lol.

2pc-
Ford%20Mustang%2094-98%20Headlights%20Clear%20KS.jpg

1073313192065_LCR_FMST94E.jpg

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
how much are you spending for new headlights/corners? Maybe just throwing in a hid will let you keep the nice look of the smoked and the extra lighting you need.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
how much are you spending for new headlights/corners? Maybe just throwing in a hid will let you keep the nice look of the smoked and the extra lighting you need.
I was going to throw down some serious money for hids/headlights, but now that i think about it.. it'll be alot of money gone that i couldve used for other stuff. Acouple of months i couldve done this when my weekly paycheck was $150+ more, but now its -150+ its alittle harder to stock up money for the stang/life. So, im just going to get a cheap set of clears. Thoses two up there are about $115 a piece and the 2pc lights together at the bottom would be about $95 shipped.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What are the stangmod hid kits going for? just over $200 or so aren't they? I'd save another week or 3 and go that route...then you won't have to worry about selling the smoked and losing money on them.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
What are the stangmod hid kits going for? just over $200 or so aren't they? I'd save another week or 3 and go that route...then you won't have to worry about selling the smoked and losing money on them.

I would still need projector headlights though which sucks and will set me back about 400 . Im not sure how bright hids will shine through a dark smoke lenses. The smokes i have now are extra dark smoke compared to UPR smokes. I know some people said UPR and Arts are the same, but theres a big differences in the tint for some reason. If i get some clears and combine the silverstar ultras i currently have than i should be set with night driving.

Is night driving pretty safe with your cobra style lights?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you don't have to have the projectors for hid's...the big problem with the regular light housing and hids is glare but with a smoked lense it would cut that down...i bet they would be plenty bright with your lights you have now.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My lights are ok at night, i have silverstars and they are better then stock was. My clear fogs and piaa bulbs help alot. I will still go with hid's eventually because the lighting is just superior...If your gonna drop $120+ for headlights and another $40 for bulbs you might as well spend another $50 for a hid kit with your smoked headlights...that will be brighter then a clear lense and silverstars.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
:eek:uttahere: Man, this is to much for me. Im going to throw back on my fogged up stockers and call it a day lol.

j/k. I need some time to think about all of this.

thanks for all the advice. :thumb:

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Iahte you droptop now iwant that hid kit even more. Anyways,my current smokes are getting taken out no matter what. :D

Ok heres my final outcome:

$200 4300k Kit+
1123447140599_LCLHP_MST95JM_APCr.jpg

minus $319 :'( Im going to wait till i can order everything at once.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thats is the set i would get if i went HID's...when i had the older version they were well made and had a glass lense not plastic they just didn't put out anymore light then stock with regular bulbs so i ditched them for my current lights. With HID's they would be perfect. Get a second job :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online