um wow, who smokes?

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i do... well not me, my car....

today, i was going to school and there was a long line of cars coming towards me and i was coming out of a side street.. soo with a not to large but big enough gap in cars, i gunned it and took off to avoid an accident (had enough room, i just kinda got on it because i felt like, i didn't need to get on it as hard as i did)...

well i looked in my rearview mirror and saw nothing but white/blue smoke.. i could NOT see that big long line of cars.. thats how thick it was... sorta like those fog machines at clubs where the smoke billows on the ground and you can't see your feet.. it was like that....

now my car smokes a bit but i have never seen it smoke like that..

Paul says that is just my car running rich, which i already know it is cause of my dyno sheets.. could my intake gaskets be causing this problem with the richness? ive had no time to put them in yet but im probably going to get some time because summer is about to start... ive decided the first mod for the summer after the clutch gets fixed is going to be those gaskets and then a tune.. then longtubes, then get it retuned.. (paul said that HPP only charges like 500 the first time because you get a handheld tuner and a tune, then every time you tune it after is only like 25 bucks or 50...)

what im basically wanting to know is, is my car ok? being as its running so rich (got it dyno'd last summer) but the smoke has never been this bad.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
thats what i thought it was... i have bad valve seals im pretty sure.. i go through quarts and quarts of oil every month.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
thats what i thought it was... i have bad valve seals im pretty sure.. i go through quarts and quarts of oil every month.

that is NOT GOOD :-[ :-[ :-[

you better go have it checked out Trey dont let it keep going like that.

S

scarface

quit spending money on dumb shit like light bulbs and such, and get that cobra fixed! Brian and I are going to demote you to a 4cyl fox if you dont start showing that ride some respect!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
quit spending money on dumb shit like light bulbs and such, and get that cobra fixed! Brian and I are going to demote you to a 4cyl fox if you dont start showing that ride some respect!

and you dont want that Trey, they are slower than a slug on sunday :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i was thinking about taking my parents turbo diesel jetta motor and dropping into the cobr.. it would be better gas mileage...

rofl...

OHHHH and I was just buying that other stuff because I had the money... I have a guy that is going to do my valve seals for free I think.. He works with my dad and hes been building his own engines/race cars (drag cars) for about 20 years. so he is going to teach me stuff and i wont have to pay for it..

andddddddd, I have good news! go to the Lounge to see it.

S

scarface

[TxCobrA98 said:
]
i was thinking about taking my parents turbo diesel jetta motor and dropping into the cobr.. it would be better gas mileage...

rofl...

OHHHH and I was just buying that other stuff because I had the money... I have a guy that is going to do my valve seals for free I think.. He works with my dad and hes been building his own engines/race cars (drag cars) for about 20 years. so he is going to teach me stuff and i wont have to pay for it..

TREY GIVE ME A LINK FOR THE LED TAG LIGHT BULBS!!!!!!!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
[TxCobrA98 said:
]

rofl...

are we gretting excited :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

S

scarface

Snakebit said:
scarface said:
[TxCobrA98 said:
]

rofl...

are we gretting excited :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:
IM NOT YELLING< THIS IS THE WAY I TALK!!!!....lol :)

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
that intake leak is got to be pretty bad. you really need to fix that badly. hell my old truck has a bad rear main and it doesnt go through anywhere near that much oil.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i burn a little you can notice a small puff on the driverside tail on startups.... and i leak a huge amount of oil its not funny like mega piles but i check my oil all the time and it barely goes down ??? im curious where that oils coming from lol because my dipsticks not really indicating its going anywhere lol

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
i burn a little you can notice a small puff on the driverside tail on startups.... and i leak a huge amount of oil its not funny like mega piles but i check my oil all the time and it barely goes down ??? im curious where that oils coming from lol because my dipsticks not really indicating its going anywhere lol

the oil fairy must be looking out for ya :dunno:

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
tRaV_19 said:

i do notice that my oil gets dark pretty fast :dunno:

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
MeanGrn Gt said:
tRaV_19 said:

i do notice that my oil gets dark pretty fast :dunno:

Thats called a dirty engine.

1) Fix the clutch,
2) Fix the intake,
3) Fix the valve seals,
4) Then put all the fun stuff on,
5) Now get a tune, get your priorities straight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online