um wow, who smokes?

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
tRaV_19 said:
MeanGrn Gt said:
tRaV_19 said:
i burn a little you can notice a small puff on the driverside tail on startups.... and i leak a huge amount of oil its not funny like mega piles but i check my oil all the time and it barely goes down ??? im curious where that oils coming from lol because my dipsticks not really indicating its going anywhere lol

the oil fairy must be looking out for ya :dunno:

i do notice that my oil gets dark pretty fast :dunno:

Thats called a dirty engine.

1) Fix the clutch,
2) Fix the intake,
3) Fix the valve seals,
4) Then put all the fun stuff on,
5) Now get a tune, get your priorities straight.

is that list for me :dunno: lol

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
im guessing its for me because i have all those problems..

that is what im planning on doing with the first few checks... :) i want my car to run good.. then the mods will begin.. ill probably only get some longtube headers this summer.. as well as all the other stuff you mentioned. and maybe a C&L pipe cause i hate that stupid rubber one...

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
im guessing its for me because i have all those problems..

that is what im planning on doing with the first few checks... :) i want my car to run good.. then the mods will begin.. ill probably only get some longtube headers this summer.. as well as all the other stuff you mentioned. and maybe a C&L pipe cause i hate that stupid rubber one...
i just put the c&l on mine and boy i couldn't be happier and i like how it has a spot ready to be drilled and taped for NOS

G

GREG@SN95

If the car was running rich you'd be seeing black smoke

Blue smoke is caused by engine oil entering the cylinder area and being burned along with the fuel air mixture. Just a small drop of oil leaking into the cylinder can produce blue smoke out the tailpipe. Blue smoke is more likely in older or higher mileage vehicles than newer cars with fewer miles.

How did the engine oil get inside the cylinder in the first place? Cracked cylinder head, or maybe a bad head gasket, bad piston seal or some other seal. If too much oil leaks into the cylinder and fouls the spark plug, it will cause a misfire (engine miss) in that cylinder, and the spark plug will have to be replaced or cleaned of the oil. Using thicker weight engine oil or an oil additive designed to reduce oil leaks might help reduce the amount of oil leaking into the cylinder.

You got alot of miles on that puppy... I doubt the heads are bad...

Pull the plugs, check and makes sure they all look ok...

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:

Blue smoke is caused by engine oil entering the cylinder area and being burned along with the fuel air mixture. Just a small drop of oil leaking into the cylinder can produce blue smoke out the tailpipe. Blue smoke is more likely in older or higher mileage vehicles than newer cars with fewer miles.

How did the engine oil get inside the cylinder in the first place? Cracked cylinder head, or maybe a bad head gasket, bad piston seal or some other seal. If too much oil leaks into the cylinder and fouls the spark plug, it will cause a misfire (engine miss) in that cylinder, and the spark plug will have to be replaced or cleaned of the oil. Using thicker weight engine oil or an oil additive designed to reduce oil leaks might help reduce the amount of oil leaking into the cylinder.

hmmm i dont think a 100k is a lot of miles but i would use thicker oil until you can get it in to be worked on

G

GREG@SN95

tRaV_19 said:
GREG@SN95 said:

hmmm i dont think a 100k is a lot of miles but i would use thicker oil until you can get it in to be worked on

100k is alot... These new modular motors aren't exactly "proven" as far as reliability and life span like the old OHV motors... not yet at least, and thats JMO...

with 100k on the clock, you should be running 10w-30 at least... If you burn as much oil as you say... then you really oughts to pull them heads and check the valves and rings...

You also may wanna check the PCV valve... I really doubt that the problem since yer burning so much stinkin oil...

Bottom line, fix the son r bitch

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
uncltrvlnmatt said:
tRaV_19 said:
MeanGrn Gt said:
tRaV_19 said:
i burn a little you can notice a small puff on the driverside tail on startups.... and i leak a huge amount of oil its not funny like mega piles but i check my oil all the time and it barely goes down ??? im curious where that oils coming from lol because my dipsticks not really indicating its going anywhere lol

the oil fairy must be looking out for ya :dunno:

i do notice that my oil gets dark pretty fast :dunno:

Thats called a dirty engine.

1) Fix the clutch,
2) Fix the intake,
3) Fix the valve seals,
4) Then put all the fun stuff on,
5) Now get a tune, get your priorities straight.

is that list for me :dunno: lol

The part that is for you is to change your oil more often.

The rest is for Tex

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah.. im gonna get everything fixed first.. then the tune..

i want the tune before the long tubes and stuff though so i can get the richness out of there... then ill buy a few parts, throw them on, and get it retuned.

m0n0x1d3

Reaction score
My hooptie doesn't smoke. Though it does have that fresh burning coolant smell, which i'm pretty sure is sign its going to be smoking soon. O0

I swear although it's not the WORST smell in the world, (the worst being old diff. oil), it is one of those "OH SH!T." smells that strikes fear into yer heart after a hard run from a stop light, or on-ramp, when yer a few miles from home.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.