ummm shift light or tach or both?

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I was loking for a new tach today when I was thinking that I really only need to know when to shift not what my rpm is but I know factory tach's aren't too acurate...even though they aren't I barely look at the tach I'm more of a instinctual listen to your exhaust and know when to shift kinda guy but I would like something to remind me to shift to make my runs more consistent..what do ya'll think of a light or a tach or both?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
for my Cobra, I just went with a raptor shift light. I did the install in the ac vent for a nice clean/hidden mounting spot :)

ryclef331

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
for my Cobra, I just went with a raptor shift light. I did the install in the ac vent for a nice clean/hidden mounting spot :)

same here.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
another vote for the raptor shift light. i have mine installed in the instrument cluster above the speedo. ac vent is full with the line lock lights :pimp2:

r_suh

Reaction score
oooo stealth!
i'm guessing the raptor shift lights are the size of a white board felt marker?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
r_suh said:
oooo stealth!
i'm guessing the raptor shift lights are the size of a white board felt marker?

pretty close, they are super easy to install and work great

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
what do you mean in the ac vents? like actually installed in the vents or behind or what? any pics?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:

+10000

chrajohns0

Reaction score
the web site shows the install how to on the 96 and up. how about is 94 and 95's? and can i see some pics of in the a/c vent? off and on? thanks. this is beginning to be where i am thinking about putting one. but i was thinking about the autometer. but i like the look of the raptor. how is it changed for the shift settings? is it chip or dial in? thanks guys.

Chris

LOVE SPELL CHECK!!

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
how are they mounted in the ac vent...i was thinking of picking up one soon.

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
that is the sickest thing ever and I have to have one yesterday...that shit is badass and how come I never saw that sooner..holy shit I'm seriously ordering mine right now. :: rent or shift light:: easy decision...

69Camaro

Reaction score
My vote's for the shift light if you think you need it. I doubt the factory tach in so inaccurate that it would make a difference v/s an aftermarket one. I think cars with a big aftermarket tach on the dash look like crap imo. If you are shifting by ear now I don't think you'll be any more consistant with the light. I shifted by ear in my drag car for years and recently put an electric shifter in, its not any more consistant than it was before. If it was me I'd put my money elsewhere.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
ohhhh ive been wanting a shift light! and ive been wanting to put it into my ac vent. im doin it! :D

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
My AC vent is full with the lights for my line lock, so I installed the Raptor above my tach gauge.

reDSC02171.jpg

chrajohns0

Reaction score
95cali any pics of the linelock light in the vents? want to take a look at this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online