Unable to pull out the lower stereo deck, what I am doing wrong.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I've got a two piece stereo from the factory in my car, so the lower deck is still there. I've been trying to pull that thing out for the longest time, because i need to get the bezel off for some repairs to the ac. I've unscrewed the two screws right above to loosen the bezel, pulled out the top stereo (aftermarket) and almost pulled off entire bezel. I'm using the ford tool to remove their stereo, but this thing just refuses to budge. I've tried pulling from every which direction, and it does not want to move. Am I forgetting to loosen something here?

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
no, if you have the right tools all you should have to do is stick them in until they click then pulled towards the doors and out. I had the same problem you did bout took a 12 inch screwdriver to it and pried it out. but i got the right tools and it just popped out. are you putting pressure on the tools towards the doors when you pull out?

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
No, I just pushed them in there, and was trying to yank the stereo out. I did not know I was supposed to push towards the doors. I'll try that when I'll get home.

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
yeah just push them in the grab the hooks and apply pressure towards the doors while pulling

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
removed the stereo this morning. Thanks a lot dude, you saved my peace of mind. Now I can finally take the bezel off, and put something behind it, so that it doesn't rattle anymore.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online