"Under The Radar" mods

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by Robuilt, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Robuilt

Robuilt Member

i have been looking for a nice "Under The Wife Radar" mod. You know, something around $100 or so, something she wont really fuss about, lol.

i have decided on Pulleys.

now i need recommendations on brands.

i will most likely stick wtih BBK, since i had a great experience with their X-Pipe. I want to eventually get BBK Long tubes too (once i do my PI swap).

what do you all recommend?

2. Fets

Fets Legend

Lol Im glad Im only 18 and dont have to have a radar :santa_tongue:

I think BBK and Steeda are good brands, but Im not sure. I dont remember which ones are piggy back style pullies, those are the ones you DONT want, I think MAC makes them, but Im not positive.

3. jpajkos

jpajkos Active Member

GO with steeda for the pullies. I like steeda cuz there not the piggy back style pulley setup the damper is actually one piece. One this though you will have to buy a different size belt. I forget what size but it should tell you online when you purchase your pullies.

4. 281powered

281powered Member

absolutly don't get the bbk pulleys, there the piggy back style and suck trust me. i had polished alliminum ones and had to replace my belt becuses all the finish rubs off and makes your belt squile like a pig, plus the pulley that piggy backs the damper will shimmiy a bit due to unproper fit. just stay away from these. get the steedas with a timing adjuster, this is a very nice combo with decent gains. you wont be dissipointed :santa_wink:

5. Robuilt

Robuilt Member

thanks for the money saving advice

6. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

Steeda are the only off the shelf Pulleys i'd use.

7. voidfinger

voidfinger Well-Known Member

either go with the steeda or do the march crank pully/dampener. this is where you get most your power anyway and it looks so much better than that rusty stock boat anchor.

8. black98gt

black98gt New Member

yea i had the same problw 281powered did. as soon as i put my bbk's on like a week later my belt was sounding like shit. and they are the piggy backs and it looks like shit with the stocker on the outside. and i really recommend a timing adjuster if you have a couple hundred to spend cause i heard they help alot but you should spend the extra money for the steeda one cause the bbk one is a bitch to figure out and the directions suck dick. gluck with the car tho cause it sounds like a good plan to go with

9. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

I got APRs there nice, steeda or anything aluminum is good.

10. silverstang1996

silverstang1996 New Member

is buying pulleys even worth the money? i thought you only gained a few ponies from them, and from what it looks like it would be a complete bit** trying to get them on w/out pulling the motor?

11. 94darkhorse

94darkhorse Legend

I have FRPP and I have no complaints about them.

12. Wes8398

Wes8398 Guest

I remember reading a lot about charging system issues with underdrive pullies .... I think most solutions were just to not bother with the alternator pulley since it didn't make much difference anyway.

To go back to the very 1st post - You said you have a BBK X pipe ... I had my eye on one, then a TON of people talked me out of it saying that BBK's weren't "true" X's and sounded like crap, and so on and so fourth. You don't have a sound clip, do you?