Underdrive pulleys and headers questions.

L

LR98Snake

I'm buying a set of underdrive pulleys next week. Is there any difference from BBK and Steeda? I know there is a significant price difference, but as far as performance is there any? Also, I'm looking to get BBK longtubes or Bassani longtube headers. Does anyone know of the hp gain between the 2 of them? Charts or anything would help. Personally experience is welcomed.

Suspect

Reaction score
u should check out asp, i read alot of people gain (at the track) with them. i have the bbks..theyre nice but i dunno if i got anything outta them. bassanis stuff is awesome. (i have xpipe/catback) but my buddy has some bbk longtubes and they look almost new still and theyve been on and off the car a few times. he had em for a few years. if it were me id still get the bassani tho.

i dont think i helped. :D

OP
OP
L

LR98Snake

I've heard that Bassani is the way to go with exhaust, but I don't know the hp gains. I've got the Bassani x pipe and I'm getting the catback in about 2 weeks. As far as longtubes. I'm not going to have the option to just take my headers on an off as I please. With the K member all in the way it'll be too much bullshit.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i heard pullies on 4v's wasn't a smart mod? i was told this along time ago but i heard down the road, they would cause problems? true? or no...

97blackgt

Reaction score
not concerened about looks, but which pullies add the most HP? :dunno:

OP
OP
L

LR98Snake

Tx a buddy of mine has had them on his car for over a year now and he has had no problems. I had them on my 5.0 and she ran like a champ.

wytstang

Reaction score
My buddy put the Steeda set on his 98 over a year ago and all is well as far as I know. You should be aware that I have read about Bassani headers hanging pretty low and people taking them off do to that. Do a search on Corral or even here if it's been mentioned.

OP
OP
L

LR98Snake

thanks for the heads up on that. I haven't heard anything about them dropping low.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
i heard pullies on 4v's wasn't a smart mod? i was told this along time ago but i heard down the road, they would cause problems? true? or no...

everyone has opinions on it, a lot of people say they are bad and cause failure due to increased harmonics. I have read that its pretty much due to improper installation :dunno:. Anyway I have had them for over a year and have had no problems with miine at all.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
[TxCobrA98 said:
]

everyone has opinions on it, a lot of people say they are bad and cause failure due to increased harmonics. I have read that its pretty much due to improper installation :dunno:. Anyway I have had them for over a year and have had no problems with miine at all.

well ive wanted them for quite sometime but what you said is what i heard... i may put them back on the list now because they are not only perdy but they are a pretty cool mod imo... thanks b-ray.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
Snakebit said:
[TxCobrA98 said:
]

well ive wanted them for quite sometime but what you said is what i heard... i may put them back on the list now because they are not only perdy but they are a pretty cool mod imo... thanks b-ray.

if you do, just be sure to follow the instructions to a T.......you should not have any probs with them.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
LR98Snake said:
I'm buying a set of underdrive pulleys next week. Is there any difference from BBK and Steeda? I know there is a significant price difference, but as far as performance is there any? Also, I'm looking to get BBK longtubes or Bassani longtube headers. Does anyone know of the hp gain between the 2 of them? Charts or anything would help. Personally experience is welcomed.

The price difference is one is piggy back and steeda's is one piece. If you are going to do long tubes get a tubular cross member. You've got to drop it so why not change it.

OP
OP
L

LR98Snake

Yeah I've already considered the x member, also going to save up for an aluminum flywheel and king cobra clutch. If i'm going to be under there I might as well get everything done, right?

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
LR98Snake said:
Yeah I've already considered the x member, also going to save up for an aluminum flywheel and king cobra clutch. If i'm going to be under there I might as well get everything done, right?

pay the extra for centerforce or spec

97blackgt

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
LR98Snake said:

if its a near stock car theres no point in paying the extra money for something youll never need...just get the clutch that holds enough power for your car and fits in your price range

OP
OP
L

LR98Snake

97blackgt said:
quickstang_1994 said:
LR98Snake said:

if its a near stock car theres no point in paying the extra money for something youll never need...just get the clutch that holds enough power for your car and fits in your price range
that's what I was thinking. I'm not going to make this car a 500hp monster. Maybe a 400hp, but that's it. The rods wouldn't take much more.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
[/quote]
that's what I was thinking. I'm not going to make this car a 500hp monster. Maybe a 400hp, but that's it. The rods wouldn't take much more.
[/quote]

A clutch is what moves the power to the wheels(slippage = less power). If you ask people who have tried both they will tell you to spend the extra money. I have shattered king cobra clutches with my 00 gt (n/a). Im just trying to help you not make the same mistakes I did. And since you where buy an aluminum flywheel I figured you wanted to make the most out of what you had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online