Underdrive pullies

VertTireSmoke

Reaction score
If all goes according to plan im gonna be the proud owner of a 98 Cobra. It already has a lot of the basic mods done such as exhaust ,cold air, 4.30 gears and some other stuff. ive been trying to find out what i can about underdrive pullies. Ive read some other threads about them and it seems no one has a clear opinion of them. Ive read where some ppl have had them really screw up their engines and others haven't had a single problem with them. Can someone please set me straight on them. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have dealt with similar reading things......I think it comes down to them being installed the right way to avoid any problems. I have had mine for a year and NO problems at all.

OP
OP
V

VertTireSmoke

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
I have dealt with similar reading things......I think it comes down to them being installed the right way to avoid any problems. I have had mine for a year and NO problems at all.
Did you install them yourself or take them to a shop and have it done? Ive heard that if you use the alternator pulley that it can mess up your battery. You haven't had that kinda problem?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
VertTireSmoke said:
Snakebit said:
Did you install them yourself or take them to a shop and have it done? Ive heard that if you use the alternator pulley that it can mess up your battery. You haven't had that kinda problem?

my normal shop did mine, I read over on SVTP I think it was that you have to follow the directions exactly to keep from having problems. Anyway thats what my guy did..........to a T

blackfang

Reaction score
I have a different view on them which comes from the top shops and engine builders who don't run UDP's for a reason. Some people think if you install them right, they will never fail, but I still trust people who have hand build hundreds and hundreds of Modular motors who are the experts.

They arent on my engine.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
blackfang said:
I have a different view on them which comes from the top shops and engine builders who don't run UDP's for a reason. Some people think if you install them right, they will never fail, but I still trust people who have hand build hundreds and hundreds of Modular motors who are the experts.

They arent on my engine.

we will have to agree....to disagree

blackfang

Reaction score
Yep.

I just listen and trust people like Al Papito that build 9 second NA mod motors and Bob Cosby's 2004 world record holder and champion motor in the Factory Stock class. Ed olin who was one of the lead engineers for the 2000 Cobra R and alot of the other mod gurus who have had their engine fail because the increased harmonics on an already bad system caused by an UDP was too great and shattered the oil pump gears.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
blackfang said:
Yep.

I just listen and trust people like Al Papito that build 9 second NA mod motors and Bob Cosby's 2004 world record holder and champion motor in the Factory Stock class. Ed olin who was one of the lead engineers for the 2000 Cobra R and alot of the other mod gurus who have had their engine fail because the increased harmonics on an already bad system caused by an UDP was too great and shattered the oil pump gears.

I have heard that too,........pulleys are the red head step child in the eyes of big engine builders......to each thier own

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online