Underhood Fuse Panel wiring

rkramer19

Reaction score
After a year of sitting due to medical problems I am trying to get back into this thing. I bought this from a dumb kid who caught the fuse panel under the hood on fire by hooking up a stereo system the wrong way. It started and ran when I picked it up and drove it back to my house to gut it and start fixing the problems with it. (I knew nothing of the fire before I started taking parts out of the engine bay then called and asked him what happened.) ANYWAY my dad thought he would be helpful and have his friend come and wire in a new fuse box, and now the damn thing wont turn over, I have no headlights, tail lights, or fogs. It will crank all day but wont fire. I am thinking other than the awful rewire job that the wires are burnt farther down into the harness and would like to replace with an entire new harness. I was told that the panel and harness is it's own piece and not hard to change. Can anyone help me find a complete one that I do not have to wire in or tell me what to search for? I have been searching and have not even found the fuse panel anywhere. I really would not like to take it to an auto electric shop and I cant really do a whole hell of a lot yet after my surgeries, but this gets me back into the garage I can do some plug and play and other small stuff. Thanks in advanced

1z21us3.jpg

o2y3l.jpg

eberro.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would probably cut my losses on the wiring and try to replace the harness. At this point you don't know how many hands have been up there f'n with it to try and figure it all out.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure I seen that painless now makes a complete new harness for under the hood of our cars. If not then just get one from a junk yard.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

tecwizrd

Reaction score
I just went through replacing my under hood fuse box. In my 98 GT I was not in the same boat, due to my harness being good. But, I did research a replacement harness and it is an expensive ordeal. A new harness is north of $500.

There are 4 different part numbers for the entire harness, fuse box included.

It depends on the options the car has, the abs, fog lights, and day time running lights determine which harness you need.

Since I only needed the box, I got just the box out of a 2001 v6 and rewired it to fit my car. Worked great.

I have pictures and a written list of wire color and position in the box, if it might help. Your car being a 5.0 I doubt they are even close though.

Here is a link to a salvage yard the has a bunch of mustangs. It might help.

http://www.mpsautosalvage.com/sunshop/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online