Uneven ride height Rear Suspension Problem

Pittsn95

Reaction score
I recently installed BC Racing coilovers on my 1994 Gt. Only 57000 miles on the car. The rear of the car is sitting crooked. Drivers rear fender is ~1 inch higher compared to the passenger side. The springs and shocks are set at the same height from side to side. The car has never been in an accident and still a stock motor so the chassis should not be twisted. I'm a little confused as to why it would be crooked. The axle is centered under the car as well. Any one run into an issue like this before and how did you solve it?

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd give it some time to settle if you just finished installing them then readjust to level the car out.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I remember I had to tweak the height side to side when I did my coilovers. They started out at the same height, but I'm pretty sure they're not the same anymore. There was a lot of measuring and adjusting that first day.

OP
OP
P

Pittsn95

Reaction score
I drove the car about 1000 miles to American muscle from CT. So I think everything should have settled by now. Would bad bushings be a cause.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Are you still running stock control arms? If so did you jack the car up to ride height before tightening the bolts?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are you positive you have the same rate springs on both sides? It's possible you could have accidentally got two different grades.

OP
OP
P

Pittsn95

Reaction score
I'm gonna call BC racing to see if that is the case [MENTION=10997]g36 monkey[/MENTION]. After doing some more research it seems like that might be the case

Mustanger

Reaction score
After many thousands miles later I noticed a sag on the Passenger side in the rear found it to be a rear coil spring (not coilover)it d sagged . I have adjustable LCA'S so leveled it out easily but will get new rear springs soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online