Unmetered air

gstewart

Reaction score
Just noticed this on a car I bought few weeks ago. Passenger side pcv outlet it connected to oil separator then to intake. Driver side has a breather on it. If I'm not mistaken, that would be unmetered air. So I was gonna eliminate the oil separator and hook both valve covers to a breather tank with filter. I unhooked the oil separator and blocked off Where it hooked up to the intake. Car wouldn't start. Tried pedaling it and couldn't keep it running. Hooked the oil separator back up thru the intake and starts and it runs like it did before I touched it. I'm assuming the previous tuner tuned around it and made it work. I've been having some idle issues ever since I bought it. Even when pressing in the clutch going down the road, the rpms drop really fast and almost always stalls if I don't shift it fast enough. I have to pedal the gas a little just so it doesn't. Other than that, the car is a beast. I'm getting it retuned on 0ct 9th by a different tuner. We'll see what happens.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Got some pics.. I would just discard the breather on the driver side.. Go back to stock on that side..

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
need pics.

unhook the battery next time with the lights on.. wait about 10 mins.

I am testing different system routing/deletions on my lightning right now.

OP
OP
gstewart

gstewart

Reaction score
Not a good picture. Driver side has the open breather. Oil separator behind it on the firewall is routed from the passenger pcv to back of throttle body inlet.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Ok where is the IAC in this set up sorry not familiar with the S/c application on the stangs but I would def
try deleting it again after resetting the KAM.

Id mess the IAC components to see if there is a difference

OP
OP
gstewart

gstewart

Reaction score
Already did that. Iac is mounted on the kenne bell inlet.

decipha

Reaction score
best bet would be to fire it up and make the switch while its running so you can see exactly whats going on with it, im sure the throttle stop and fuel needs to be adjusted to compensate for it

if you dont have a quarterhorse I highly recommend buying one, and use this to get her running right http://info.efidynotuning.com/fbfg2.htm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online