*update* .....thunderhill video!

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
BA...Just had to hype me up today..
100_4184_zps7bff5800.jpg

lol...you're welcome...I want iracing.com for when I can't hit the track.

RichV

Reaction score
Kinda hard to critique on a track I've not been on. Vids are cool, but hard to judge the g-forces in the car. That being said, I'd be braking WAAAYY deeper in the corners. If you're not braking or rolling on the throttle, you're adding seconds on your laps. Coasting is bad, I'm trying to get away from it as much as possible. Your line looks great! What was up with the blue 4 door thing, would not give the point?!?!

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
Kinda hard to critique on a track I've not been on. Vids are cool, but hard to judge the g-forces in the car. That being said, I'd be braking WAAAYY deeper in the corners. If you're not braking or rolling on the throttle, you're adding seconds on your laps. Coasting is bad, I'm trying to get away from it as much as possible. Your line looks great! What was up with the blue 4 door thing, would not give the point?!?!

yeah I hear ya. vids give you a good idea of braking zones and line at least. as for braking zones...down into turns 1 and 2...I know I can go harder for sure...but 9,10, and 14...it's about at it's limit...when I get on the binders. 10 I can see myself getting a bit further in but I will admit I do coast from time to time...need to work on that. I'm thinking I might be going with that wilwood setup for when I move up to nasa tt with this car honestly so I can throw it in there deeper like I need too. as for that blue civic...yeah he should have let me by coming off of 2 but didn't....that is probably the most annoying thing about point by groups...those that don't know how to pay attention. or when I would catch sti's....they would point me by on the straightaway...but keep the pedal to the floor....and wonder why I wasn't passing them...well probably cuz you're pulling me down the straightaway smart one...then hit turn 1 and I would catch em again. lol.

RichV

Reaction score
Yea, that's the bummer part about point by. I'm so not used to that anymore, I ran a T&T session a while back, don't remember why, but it was point by passing. Me and another CMC racer were playing cat/mouse and just naturual instict is to pass anyone, it was hard to get back into that mode.

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
yeah...I don't mind it until my rhythm gets screwed up like that. I am making my goal for next year to be able to run in nasa tt for sure. although not sure what class I would be slotted in, though I want to be competitive. I have to set myself a goal. I've already realized that just open track days aren't going to be enough for me...going to have to compete for something. haha.

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
I use to Road race Motorcycles in the 90's/ early 2000's in SC..and finally gave up Motorcycles in 2007...So I know I would love to drive a car on a Track......here is my bikes and my Old Mark 7 LSC Special Edition.
100_0832_zps11c56d1a.jpg

100_0847_zpsa8498540.jpg

100_0857_zpsf77e8f90.jpg

100_1587_zps139e1c74.jpg

The Red on was my Track bike only..and the Blue one was my street bike...

damn....now thats a ****ing man cave

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Lol..Thx Man..this was before the girls went off to college..redoing a new man cave still....hahahah had to sell all my Toys..accept my Stang to send them off to Michigan State and Howard Univ...schools cost to dam much now days..

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
thanks man! like I said...got an event on the 2nd and I will have some more video for you guys! also...when I get back home in October...I will be hitting Laguna Seca, and Sonoma...so should have some video then too!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online