Update!!!! Trans failure

Benni614

Reaction score

So after about 17 to 20 miles trans failure.

I have talked back n forth with the company and had to take it to a local trans shop to get the car diagnosed and well.......... yes trans failed. Front pump went. Took my brand new torque converter with it. Yes I know how to measure and set a converter so no it wasn't installed wrong. But..... the company will stand by their warranty and rebuild it and fix the issue and send a converter with it.
Whatever thoughts you have on the link let me know if u want more or less info also let me know. I try to aid and bring valuable info to areas many don't talk about

20210213_102124.jpg
f42fccc7cdd3dd6fb0f2ae3f533723e4.jpg
d6ac7613aaa434bbecfff375dadcd4b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Adfalenski

Reaction score
Was your torque converter aftermarket? If so, are they going to replace it with the same brand and P/N? If not, you might look into having the torque converter manufacturer rebuild it instead of buying a new one.

OP
OP
Benni614

Benni614

Reaction score
Was your torque converter aftermarket? If so, are they going to replace it with the same brand and P/N? If not, you might look into having the torque converter manufacturer rebuild it instead of buying a new one.
Nope they will not warranty the one I bought. They have agreed to give me one of theirs but I have to pay pay for the upgrades, anti balloon plates etc. So I guess in a way u can say they are.

Adfalenski

Reaction score
Contact the manufacturer of your torque converter and check if it is rebuildable. If it is, send it off to be rebuilt and then sell it as new on Ebay.

OP
OP
Benni614

Benni614

Reaction score
Contact the manufacturer of your torque converter and check if it is rebuildable. If it is, send it off to be rebuilt and then sell it as new on Ebay.
Word smart decision never thought of that thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online