Update: Welp im off to the garage w/pics

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
been doing some reading, and if you remove the passenger seat, rear seat (which i planned on taking out for a RSD anyways, and the spare tire and etc it removes 105LBS from the car which is goot for a tenth i believe, if im going to race i might as well go all out eh?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Re: Welp im off to the garage

hell yea, take it out.........thats just dead weight when you want max ET's out of your car. Dont forget the junk in the trunk too :)

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score

yeah every hundred pounds is a tenth... i need to loose alittle weight lol...but you def. wont be taking a passenger with you down the strip might as well lol.....i heard those rear seats are were a lot of weight is...never understood why :dunno:

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I guess my fat ass heavy chrome 18" wheels and sub box and amps dont help. I heard every 5lb added to a wheel takes off 1hp about?

Hellion94

Reaction score

Matt94GT said:
I guess my fat ass heavy chrome 18" wheels and sub box and amps dont help. I heard every 5lb added to a wheel takes off 1hp about?

Actually it's a LOT more substantial than that.

The "rule" is (depending on the distance from the center of rotation) for every POUND removed or added to any rotating mass equals 70 pounds of stationary mass.

As this weight is added closer to the center of rotaion, this formula decreses a bit, but the farther away from center it gets the more that the formula increases.

I don't know the exact distances and what they relate to, but rest assured your car will go faster with light 15's front and back than it will with street wheels and tires. (this is also due to rolling resistance and friction coefficients)

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
lol nice, is that octaine booster?
its a race gas additive. $15 a can and it ups my ocatne to 115 Octane. Its the only "octane booster" that doesnt leave crap in the tank

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
you took out your spare and jack didnt you? Dont forget to check your air filter / and oil :)

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
Matt94GT said:
lol nice, is that octaine booster?
its a race gas additive. $15 a can and it ups my ocatne to 115 Octane. Its the only "octane booster" that doesnt leave crap in the tank

You should just get the Cam 2 at the track. It is a bit pricey, but you don't have to worry about a mixing problem. I always used the purple, it was 116 octane, and it smells good.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
you took out your spare and jack didnt you? Dont forget to check your air filter / and oil :)
spare and all the other bs is out. the spare BTW was never used. i will check the oil, s/c oil and the K&N was re oiled a month ago. i also need to set the tires to what 18?

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
SilverSol said:
Don't know if it's true but I heard that for every 100lbs shed it's like gaining 10hp?
hmm...

Matt- How much a gallon? i take it its pure Race Fuel.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
SilverSol said:
Don't know if it's true but I heard that for every 100lbs shed it's like gaining 10hp?

that would mean that having a 200 pound passenger is like losing 20 horsepower. :dunno:

94twinscrew

Reaction score
ahhh,Torco kicks ass mang :thumb: I use to run that stuff in my GN,and my 88lx whenever i went to the track. It's the only true octane booster......I have to order some more,95KB,where did you get yours?

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i get mine from a local shop that does all my tuning. www.hppracing.com if you give em a buzz they can prob ship some out to ya. if you pay with cash they usually dont charge tax. :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online