Upgrade my Cobra, or buy Lotus Elise?

TheBab

Reaction score
I'd rather have an Elise over a 03/04 Cobra...

That's just me though.

OP
OP
D

Danimal

Reaction score
TheBab said:
I'd rather have an Elise over a 03/04 Cobra...

That's just me though.

+1. No contest.

I'm still struggling with this decision. The Cobra is cool, but the Lotus is a budget supercar. Its literally one of the best handling cars in the world.

-Dan

Passenger

Reaction score
An Elise is so slow a common thing done to them is swapping in a HONDA MOTOR.

Obviously, I'm siding with the Cobra.

ALITL8

Reaction score
the Elise just isnt attractive... id keep the cobra!

Grnstang

Reaction score
How often are you going to find yourself running on a winding roadcourse? If not often, then why do you need the handling of an Elise? And if it's chicks your looking at picking up, the Cobra is definately a chick magnet also!

9psi 98

Reaction score
yeah, but you can pull more ass with a Lotus than you can with a mustang, unless it's like a Saleen S-281E Speedster or something like that.

ALITL8

Reaction score
9psi 98 said:
yeah, but you can pull more ass with a Lotus than you can with a mustang, unless it's like a Saleen S-281E Speedster or something like that.

if you need a car to score a piece of ass, it wont really help that much anyway :dunno:

charm and good looks go a long way O0

9psi 98

Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
9psi 98 said:

if you need a car to score a piece of ass, it wont really help that much anyway :dunno:

I'm aware of that, I met my fiancee when I was covered in grease and reeked of 2-stroke exhaust from wrenching on snowmobiles all day...no Lotus needed for me! :rockyou:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Lotus is known for producuing very unreliable cars.. not saying a brand new elise isn't sweet because they are very nice looking cars. ive just heard from people that i know that elise's are very unreliable.. and yes the people ive heard this from own lotus's..

they said that they are very uncomfortable for everyday driving.. small and what not. reliability isnt that great.. they have alot of recalls and little problems..

i say keep the cobra man. its payed off, you have money that you can dump into and make it nice and to your liking..

lotus' are cool looking but why pay 30k for a girl.. tell me how that relationship works out for you when you since she is obviously attracted to the fact that you drive a lotus.

ALITL8

Reaction score
9psi 98 said:
ALITL8 said:
9psi 98 said:

I'm aware of that, I met my fiancee when I was covered in grease and reeked of 2-stroke exhaust from wrenching on snowmobiles all day...no Lotus needed for me! :rockyou:

i'd still keep the Cobra O0

OP
OP
D

Danimal

Reaction score
I'm not the one who brought up "pulling tail" with a car. I'm happily married and have never actually been lonely enough to go looking for women in a car.

The argument of "how often are you going to use the car to its potential" can be turned back around on a Cobra as well. None of us use our cars to their full potential, so that point is moot.

The Elise has had no more reliability problems than the Mustang Cobra. They are powered by a Toyota engine.

The Elise may not be fast in a straight line, but stock-for-stock its faster than an SN95 Cobra.

-Dan

ALITL8

Reaction score
Danimal said:
I'm not the one who brought up "pulling tail" with a car. I'm happily married and have never actually been lonely enough to go looking for women in a car.

The argument of "how often are you going to use the car to its potential" can be turned back around on a Cobra as well. None of us use our cars to their full potential, so that point is moot.

The Elise has had no more reliability problems than the Mustang Cobra. They are powered by a Toyota engine.

The Elise may not be fast in a straight line, but stock-for-stock its faster than an SN95 Cobra.

-Dan

i was just goofin on the "pullin tail" subject (for those that dont get my sense of humor). i wasnt implying that any of you cant get laid without a fancy car. im married (sorta), this is the third one, ive got 3 kids from the first 2 and one step son from this one. i can also say ive never been one that had to "chase" tail or spend much time alone... im a whore!!!

anyway, back on the Lotus vs. SN95 Cobra issue... am i the only one that thinks the Lotus is ugly :dunno:

9psi 98

Reaction score
Danimal said:

-Dan

You can blame me for that as well, I failed to check up on your marital status as I generally do before I post ??? . I say go drive the Lotus and if you like it, then buy it. If it were me, I'd probably get the Lotus just because you're less likely to see many of them around.

OP
OP
D

Danimal

Reaction score
The lotus' (how do you say that in plural? Loti?) certainly look better in person. Those cars are known to cause massive wrecks and assorted injuries due to the extreme gawking of strangers.

I love my Cobra...but I think I'll be having "a talk" with the wife next week...

-Dan

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Danimal said:

-Dan

my bad man.. after reading about 15 replies, i forgot who came up with it... i wasn't implying that you needed a car to get some ass. sorry you took it that way, i was just tryiing to help out by telling you that the couple people that i know who have lotus' (two different people) have told me that. you can take the information or leave it.. no doubt they are very cool looking cars and are definitely a cheap exotic car.

it sounds like youve made up your mind on the lotus. i dont think youll get AS much of a chance to use it to its potential like you would a cobra but if you are in to that sort of racing, im sure it would not be hard to use the potential of the lotus.

for comfort, i would say the cobra. for looks i would say the lotus. for performance, it kinda depends on what you want in the car... im sure things will go the way they should go. good luck in your decision.

OP
OP
D

Danimal

Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
i dont think youll get AS much of a chance to use it to its potential like you would a cobra but if you are in to that sort of racing, im sure it would not be hard to use the potential of the lotus.

for comfort, i would say the cobra. for looks i would say the lotus. for performance, it kinda depends on what you want in the car... im sure things will go the way they should go. good luck in your decision.

I agree. Comfort certainly isn't an issue. I drive my Cobra on the weekends and the occasional weekday evening cruise. Its pretty loud (JBA's, Dr. Gas off-road X, Bassani catback) and has somewhat of a harsh ride so its not very comfortable as it is.

I appreciate all of the responses! I also appreciate everyone urging me to keep the Mustang. It truly has been a fun car, and I struggle with the thought of selling it.

For anyone looking, I may have a mint 1996 Cobra for sale for around $8,500 in the Tulsa, OK area. O0 Okay...maybe I'm not struggling with selling it after all... >:D

-Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Staff online