Upgrade ?'s

sanitarium16

Reaction score
I did the PI swap on my 98 in July. BIG improvement, but now i want a little more. I should of went with cams while doing the swap but my job at the time did not allow me to do that money wise. Now i have a little money to play around with and i want to add a set of VT stage 1 cams with comp valve springs. How are these compared to comp xtreme energy cams? Where can i buy VT stage 1 cams? I lost the website and cant seem to find it. Also, i read that there is a special ford cam removal tool that allows you to remove the cams without removing the front cover saving lots of labor. Is there a website that sells this as well? How is it used? Thanks in advance.

S

scarface

I cant help you on the cams...I have custom grind cams, however anderson Ford Motorsports has a cam tool also, that is cheaper than the FORD one... You can only use them if you cam gears bolt on. You are SOL if your gears are pressed on.

OP
OP
S

sanitarium16

Reaction score
I have 2002 heads and cams on my 98 motor do i have bolt on cam gears?

ALITL8

Reaction score
sanitarium16 said:
I have 2002 heads and cams on my 98 motor do i have bolt on cam gears?

yes and you have a romeo block/heads ;) correct me if im wrong but the windsors were 99-01?

Pennywise2

Reaction score
With the cam tool you will not have to take off the front
timing cover witch will save you three to four hours in labor.
Go with the VT stage one cams.
Talk to Scott at VT he will hook you up!

98armygt

Reaction score
heres the website for VT. vtengines.com. the only time that you would need to change out your springs and valves is if you went with a stage 2 or higher. and from what i hear is that a vt stage 1 is like a xtreme energy stage 2 and so on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online