Upgraded exhaust in Massachusetts

MeanGreenSn95

Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to get some input from fellow massachusetts mustang owners who have upgraded exhausts. I just got a 1995 gt and of course I want to slap on an off road mid pipe and some flow 40s but I know this is nowhere near passing inspection. My question is what can I do or where can I go where the people are less lenient and anal on inspections. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

joekd

Reaction score
So you are asking on an open forum how to get your car inspected in a less then legal way?

Great first post!

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just put an hi flow catted H or X then what ever cat back muffler you like.
If your car runs clean and has minimal engine mods you MIGHT get away with gutting the current cats.

Kboss87

Reaction score
Is there anyway around it for your state? In PA, if you drive under 5000 miles or if you car is a certain age, you only need "visual" inspection....which just about any small shop will let it go. There are also some counties that do not require emissions. If you create a PO Box in that county, and use that PO Box to register your car...then you are "visual" only

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
In mass his car will need to have a "safety" inspection only no emission for the age (currently 98 and older). However, a vehicle in massachusetts may not be equipped with any manufactured exhaust which changes audible noise level above stock or factory limits.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
In mass his car will need to have a "safety" inspection only no emission for the age (currently 98 and older). However, a vehicle in massachusetts may not be equipped with any manufactured exhaust which changes audible noise level above stock or factory limits.

ya in cali its the same thing. And the cops dont give a poop. We also have the strictest emissions and visual testing in the country, and the CHP, the state troopers, dont really mess with american cars.

teal95gt

Reaction score
Lol I ran 0 emissions shit, flow mater 10 ' s bbk shorties off road h on my 95 and they never cared...... on my 90 I have long tubes off road X and 40 ' s same thing lol. Just go to a shop where they will be like holy tits nice ride and they hook u up lol.

OP
OP
M

MeanGreenSn95

Reaction score
@joked yeah I know just dawned on me that this is probably not the best way to go about asking lol...oh well right now I care more about making my car actually sound the way it should

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online