Upgraded the IRS Cobra suspension with Poly and more

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I can't partake in this discussion. I have actual experience with both poly and delrin. As well as conventional and coil over set ups. So I can't compete with cobraracer's opinions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
I finally have all my parts I need in order to swap the shafts and install the much stronger Gforce units. . In addition to the G force Shafts, I'm going to re seal the diff. Parts list is as follows: new Maximum Motorsports IRS cross axis joints, G force outlaw axles, plus sway bay end links From Maximum Motorsports as well, Red Line synthetic gear oil, Aeroquip AN fittings so I can install an oil cooler later on down the road and POR 15 to refinish the IRS subframe.

Notice the new Ford fuel filter: might as well replace it while the IRS is out.

Key point here is that I went the leader in Mustang Suspension: Maximum Motorsports. Fun FACT: Only Maximum Motorsports has set lap records and race wins with their IRS parts and the quality of the MM suspension parts is second to none so once again, MM was the only option for upgrading the IRS cross axis joints and sway bar end links.
MMIRSB-3_LG.jpg

attachment.php

RedTwilight

Reaction score
I finally have all my parts I need in order to swap the shafts and install the much stronger Gforce units. . In addition to the G force Shafts, I'm going to re seal the diff. Parts list is as follows: new Maximum Motorsports IRS cross axis joints, G force outlaw axles, plus sway bay end links From Maximum Motorsports as well, Red Line synthetic gear oil, Aeroquip AN fittings so I can install an oil cooler later on down the road and POR 15 to refinish the IRS subframe.

Notice the new Ford fuel filter: might as well replace it while the IRS is out.

Key point here is that I went the leader in Mustang Suspension: Maximum Motorsports. Fun FACT: Only Maximum Motorsports has set lap records and race wins with their IRS parts and the quality of the MM suspension parts is second to none so once again,
MMIRSB-3_LG.jpg

attachment.php

That is a nice chunk of parts.

Where do you stand now on the Delrin vs. Poly bushings since MM has followed suite and is now offering Delrin as well?

MM was the only option for upgrading the IRS cross axis joints and sway bar end links.

Your info is wrong here as there are other companies that also offer cross axis joints and sway bar end links. Unless that was just your personal opinion.

OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
That is a nice chunk of parts.

Your info is wrong here as there are other companies that also offer cross axis joints and sway bar end links. Unless that was just your personal opinion.

Yes, there is another operation that offers cross axis joints, but Maximum Motorsports is the only option if you want the best cross axis joints. Furthermore, Maximum Motorsports was first with creating a high performance cross axis joint kit.

A non Maximum Motorsports cross axis joint that a mustang retailer stopped selling; I wonder why?

https://www.americanmuscle.com/ftb-cross-axis-joint-kit-9904cobra.html

Here are the IRS hubs from my car with the Maximum Motorsports cross axis joints that I installed myself.

Fresh out of the box!

images

images

images

OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
I only run the best parts for the IRS, so that means using Maximum Motorsports parts. Additionally, I chose the best axle shafts available: G Force engineering.

G force is the axle supplier for Ford Performance and here is Ford talking about these shafts that I’m going to install in my Mustang

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I only run the best parts for the IRS, so that means using Maximum Motorsports parts. Additionally, I chose the best axle shafts available: G Force engineering.

G force is the axle supplier for Ford Performance and here is Ford talking about these shafts that I’m going to install in my Mustang

Keep your opinions as that. If you would like to say that you prefer mm’s parts that’s fine. But you need to stop trying to force your opinion on everyone and unless mm wants to pay to be a sponsor then you can stop being their infomercial.

Consider this a polite warning. It’s beyond old and we won’t have you constantly going on and on. There is other companies who make great products and you don’t see anyone else going on and on that their stuff is the only stuff worth pounding down everyone’s throats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
That video has nothing to do with G Force or a mustang cobra irs. That was all about the ford performance half shafts for the 2015 mustang.

Try again.....

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That video has nothing to do with G Force or a mustang cobra irs. That was all about the ford performance half shafts for the 2015 mustang.

Try again.....

Yes he likes to post random videos and links that never proves all the bs he spews.

OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Holy hell........he almost linked proof to something.

Now where’s an article or declaration from ford stating this?!?!?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
Holy hell........he almost linked proof to something.

Now where’s an article or declaration from ford stating this?!?!?

The news link I posted directly from G Force is more than enough information to prove my point that G Force is a supplier to Ford Performance.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The news link I posted directly from G Force is more than enough information to prove my point that G Force is a supplier to Ford Performance.

No it’s not actually. Plenty of companies have claimed stuff over the years that wasn’t necessarily true. This could of been a special one off deal that they thought they could take advantage of. But until you provide proof directly from Ford then it’s not actually verified.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online