upgrades? kinda :O

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
It was 2300 buck's, plus machine work on my block that added up to 850. My car is blown, and I don't have a direct before and after comparision, as I also went from 10psi to 14 when it went in. I also changed cams. However the torque and throttle response are much improved over before, and I dropped over a full point of compression, which usually has the opposite effect.

OP
OP
R

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
if only i had 3200 just begging to be spent.

btw are underdrive pulleys good to do to your car? on summit racing they advertise them as keep full cooling and charging characteristics nad i've asked around and they say u don't have to remap ur computer. I can replace them in about 10 minutes with my impact gun

smasher41

Reaction score
i have the march udp's in mine,

If i got headlights, radio blasting... windshield wipers running... basically a lot of juice pumping at idle, ill see the guage get low, rev it a bit and it goes right back to normal.

zero issues when driving, only when idle and using a lot of juice.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
realitygt said:
if only i had 3200 just begging to be spent.

btw are underdrive pulleys good to do to your car? on summit racing they advertise them as keep full cooling and charging characteristics nad i've asked around and they say u don't have to remap ur computer. I can replace them in about 10 minutes with my impact gun

If you seriously intend to go with a blower, look for used ones, since you can't use them with a blower. And I would recomend the SFI style, rather than the cheaper piggyback.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
same thing here :/ I cant do anything major to my car. Even changing the midpipe i cant do.

Even though i run a o/r midpipe now i just know my father doesnt drive my car much anymore. I mean if he has to drive it i pray he doesnt get on the freeway otherwise the CEL comes on b/c im running no mils. :dunno: Also, hopefully he turns on the A/C otherwise letting down the window you smell the exhaust :angel:

SO, just do your mods silently.

Make sure you get a MGW short throw shifter 8)

OP
OP
R

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
yeah im gonna get some steeda underdrive pulleys probably next week and I think that I'd rather have a hurst short throw shift, classic 8)

95PGTTech

Reaction score
another vote for the MGW...makes the hurst and other brands look like cheap pieces of junk.

ck5.0

Reaction score
MGW or Steeda for your short throw. My recommendation is since you are 17, living at home, and have a possibility of you parents taking away your car if they think you are wasting money on it then I would upgrade things like, brakes, springs, control arms, shocks, maybe fuel pump. That way you can say that you are replacing things that easily wear down. If you told you parents that you were upgrading the brakes to a better set (like cobras) there is a better chance of them understanding than there is a chance of fooling them into thinking that porting heads will head gas mileage.

For UDP you could tell them that you are hearing a squealing coming from one of them.

ripper

Reaction score
So your mom and dad signed for the car. They didnt want you to get it in the first place right? They figured it was too sporty for a kids first car? Am I right? Now being your actually a novice to the world of driving they are afraid to have you mod it into a street monster. Which is understandable to me. Without pullin the wool over there eyes see if you can get them to do a catback. Your car will sound like a Mustang. Then be grateful they helped you get the car. You could be driving a civic.

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
I was 15 when I bought my car! My parents paid half. My mom didnt want me to get it because it was too Fast and I could get into a lot of trouble with it! The car came with O/R h-pipe, UDP, CAI. It has been less than a year with my car and now I have PI intake, numerous track runs, new headlights, King Cobra clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, and 4.10s. And I have a set of PI heads, with PI intake, PI cams, and BBK shorties sitting in my family room! I bought all the is with my own money, except for the PI heads, intake, cams and shorties because I had just gotten the 4.10s installed so I had to borrow the money from my dad! Anyway the point that I am getting to is to just drive it around normally. After a few months of responsible driving (no tickets, not nothing) see if they will let you do something small to it! I bet it would work!

OP
OP
R

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
Stevo said:
So your mom and dad signed for the car. They didnt want you to get it in the first place right? They figured it was too sporty for a kids first car? Am I right? Now being your actually a novice to the world of driving they are afraid to have you mod it into a street monster. Which is understandable to me. Without pullin the wool over there eyes see if you can get them to do a catback. Your car will sound like a Mustang. Then be grateful they helped you get the car. You could be driving a civic.

they got it for me on a friday to drive to work on monday since i was starting my first job. Their reason for not letting me upgrade is because it's a car to get me from point a to point b and they want it to be reliable :/ lol

MustangMatt96GT said:
I was 15 when I bought my car! My parents paid half. My mom didnt want me to get it because it was too Fast and I could get into a lot of trouble with it! The car came with O/R h-pipe, UDP, CAI. It has been less than a year with my car and now I have PI intake, numerous track runs, new headlights, King Cobra clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, and 4.10s. And I have a set of PI heads, with PI intake, PI cams, and BBK shorties sitting in my family room! I bought all the is with my own money, except for the PI heads, intake, cams and shorties because I had just gotten the 4.10s installed so I had to borrow the money from my dad! Anyway the point that I am getting to is to just drive it around normally. After a few months of responsible driving (no tickets, not nothing) see if they will let you do something small to it! I bet it would work!

yeah they never said anything about it being too fast to me that's a good idea about hte good driving tho :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online