Upgrading motor

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
Ok so I'm pretty sure my stock 5.0 motor blew and if I gotta get w new one, was just wondering how much/ what all do you have to change to put in a 94-95 cobra motor. Also I read someone put a 014 f150 5.0 motor in. Also curious as to how much/ what all is needed for this change. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so I'm pretty sure my stock 5.0 motor blew and if I gotta get w new one, was just wondering how much/ what all do you have to change to put in a 94-95 cobra motor. Also I read someone put a 014 f150 5.0 motor in. Also curious as to how much/ what all is needed for this change. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aaaahhh.........where to begin............

Anything from a 94-95 cobra will bolt in. Heads and intake were the only real differences. Cam profile might of been a tad different but not enough to even mention. But as is that motor will bolt right in. You will need bigger fuel injectors and you’ll either need the cobra ecm or you’ll need a chip with a tune.

In all honesty I would just find a stock 302 short block, gt40 heads and gt40 intake from an explorer. Pretty much the exact same thing that came on the cobras. You’ll find that all for less cause it doesn’t say cobra.

As far as the coyote 5.0 you mentioned from the truck goes. Look to spend close to $8-10k by the time you purchase the motor, harness, pedal assembly, transmission, driveshaft modifications, fuel system, and god only knows what else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
Yea I figured the new 5.0 was gonna be a pain in the ass but I found one for 2 g's so I figured it was an option. However I'm not trying to put 8g's in my 5g car. And if I do the headers and intake off the explorer, do I have to do fuel injectors and ecm still?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you get the motor for $2k then it won’t be as costly to swap but it will still be up there.

You could try running on your stock 19’s but depending on what your plans are for the car you may still want to find some 24’s.

What exactly is your plans with this car?

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
On3 turbo system, and if that ain't fast enough, a shot of nitrous [emoji23]

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Your going to need to upgrade more than just the injectors if you plan on going turbo!!! Lol

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
For now just motor but turns in the future

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
From what I understand, the on3 comes with the full assembly. So hopefully it's true and that's all I'll need

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
pushrod 5.0 would be easiest and cheapest.

I got my coyote for cheap but I have slowly thrown more and more money at the swap. If you can fabricate and have access to affordable material to fab the swap can be done cheaper. As for a guy in his garage its not gonna be cheap.
Kmember (modular mustang) free - 400
exhaust cheapest is like 600-800
Computer - can use the stock harness and computer but will only save a little money after you send it in to get modified. 1200
Front cover accesories will be a fun obstacle too. PBH is 800 (plus a mustang timing cover) but you could potentially do it for less.
Fuel system
Tune

Those are the big things assuming your car is in good running order and wont need anything AND you ignore the "while I am in there mods" lol

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
Well it looks like this honky is gonna have to stick with tha 302. [emoji23] I'm ready to get this POS back on the road. (At some point every mustang owner has said those words). Right now on the motor that's blown it's got side exaust, air intake and a throttle body. I'm trying to figure out what heads I want on it, but like I said, at some point, tha turba is gettin put on. I need more horses and the cash to go with it.

Flade

Reaction score
ON the 4.6L Ford had to go to a different Power brake system to fit. They also changed the steering rack to lower it to make room. I assume the Coyote would need the same parts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online