Upgrading?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well, sorry it took so long to see this thread.

Did you say what year your car is? I see that it is an automatic.

If I had to do it all over again, I would scour the craigslist for a used 8.8 rear end with gears in it. I am regretting that I still haven't finished a good rear end for my car.

Get a stock GT rear sway bar at least in the back.

Don't bother with a cold air intake, it does literally nothing. An email tune for 93 octane would make the car feel entirely new.

A basic tune up could also have good results depending on the life of the car before hand.

Change the plugs and wires, clean the throttle body and MAF sensor. These things are cheap and often have a great butt dyno effect.

RichV

Reaction score
So seriously i should go 65psi what will that do?

Some drag racers up the pressure on their front tires to reduce rolling resistance by reducing the tread patch on the tire. Not a good idea for street driving IMO because you're decreasing 'grip' what you need to accelerate, turn, and stop. It's free, but nothing you'll feel.

Just get your car up to date on all maintenance, plugs, wires, clean MAF as Monkey stated. Change all the fluids: oil, tranny, coolant, rear end, brake fluid. Start out with some suspension improvements, brakes, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online