Upholstery for single front seat

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
TMI Products Is it possible just to buy upholstery for one single front seat? I am wanting to do a black interior swap in my currently tan car. I have a rear seat delete and am planning on buying a corbeau forza seat for the drivers side. Instead of searching for a used black passenger seat I would rather just get new black upholstery for it. If so what would the price be for black cloth passenger seat upholstery? Thanks

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry that is not an option. We either sell our upholstery as Full Sets of Front Bucket Sets. It's the way our patterns are set up in our computer system.
The only dealer out there that I know will sometimes break up their sets in stock is NPD, you could try to give them a call and see if they possibly have just a single seat in their inventory.

lutter94

Reaction score
No offense but turning down business because a computer says you have to doesn't make much sense to me. Sorry, just a thought.....

Cpotts13

Reaction score
well that's a bummer... Id rather just buy upholstery for my worn drivers side then paying for both and only using one!

heffe2001

Reaction score
I don't think he means say the inventory software says he can't, it's how the pattern cutter cuts out the seat material. They use as much as they can, with as little waste as they possible can, otherwise they have half a piece of whatever that particular set is made of that's gone to waste. They get an order for a set of front seats for a 2000 GT in vinyl, the pattern cutter takes a a piece of the vinyl (I'd assume it's on rolls), and cuts out all of the pieces for both front seats, with as little waste as possible. See it all the time with CNC systems.

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I don't think he means say the inventory software says he can't, it's how the pattern cutter cuts out the seat material. They use as much as they can, with as little waste as they possible can, otherwise they have half a piece of whatever that particular set is made of that's gone to waste. They get an order for a set of front seats for a 2000 GT in vinyl, the pattern cutter takes a a piece of the vinyl (I'd assume it's on rolls), and cuts out all of the pieces for both front seats, with as little waste as possible. See it all the time with CNC systems.

Yes. this. Thanks Heffe.
It's not that we are 'turning away business' - it's that our software simply doesn't allow a single to be cut. And I know your next question will be 'then why not make the two and only sell one' - because I can count on one hand how many times i get asked for a single seat in a year ... and you can imagine none of those request are for the same seat/color/year - so I'd be sitting on stock pile of single seat inventory I'd never sell. It'd be like a one legged man asking Footlocker to sell him only ONE shoe... Sorry, it's just not something we can offer.

However, I know NPD is my ONLY dealer that will sometimes break sets up - so their worth a call.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
You realize that as soon as you stuck a newly covered seat next to an old worn one, that suddenly you will hate the other seat and sooner then later recover it as well right? I don't care how good of condition the one is when you stick it next to a newly covered one, the old one will look like crap...

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
You realize that as soon as you stuck a newly covered seat next to an old worn one, that suddenly you will hate the other seat and sooner then later recover it as well right? I don't care how good of condition the one is when you stick it next to a newly covered one, the old one will look like crap...

And this is why companies like Latemodel Restoration will ONLY sell FULL SETS - because so many customers get two new front buckets installed, then hate their rear seat - so they skip all of that and just offer full sets on their site...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am sure it would end up being one of those happy/sad things.

You start to get in your car/ look at the newly covered seat -YEA:D (happy thoughts)
Get inside the car and there is that old cruddy seat still just sitting there :nono:
ah DAMN should have just got the pair of seats and been done with it :undecided:.

teal95gt

Reaction score
Yea if I was going to redo my seats I would go balls deep do it right. I was going to go your route but then reconsidered and I am now in the market for the fox 2003 cobra upholstrey kit from lmr.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The driver's seat is the only one worth changing/re-upholstering because in all reality who gives a damn about what the passenger sits in.

I understand what Kyle's trying to do.

Suck it passenger.

BRIDE_INSIDE.JPG

teal95gt

Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from Ferocious, but don't you think it will look like balls and half finished if you do it like that? I am not trying to flame anyone or anything, but I feel like if you are going to install/redo one seat you should redo them all to match unless it is a dedicated track-car. Or if you are deleting your backseats then I can understand buying just front upholstery, that was the main reason for me deciding to go with the tmi setup from LMR. You can redo all the seats to match perfectly. If I ended up going with buying the OEM Factory 03' Cobra seats I would have either had to delete my backseat which I did not want to do or pay a shop to make me a rear seat upholstery out of the same OEM materials too match which would have cost me a shitload.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online