Upper Control Arm?

voidfinger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
3,880
Reaction score
0

19mustang95

Legend
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
6,137
Reaction score
2
from the research i have done, the only ones you should look into is the ones from FRPP. all the other ones cause binding and you can tear up your torque boxes from them....and that would be BAD. so unless you reinforce your torque boxes, leave in the stock ones of get the FRPP ones.

if you dont believe me ask Dal, he told me basicaly the same thing. O0
 

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Retired Staff
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
13,863
Reaction score
106
Location
SLC, UT
DFG_Pimpin said:
from the research i have done, the only ones you should look into is the ones from FRPP. all the other ones cause binding and you can tear up your torque boxes from them....and that would be BAD. so unless you reinforce your torque boxes, leave in the stock ones of get the FRPP ones.

if you dont believe me ask Dal, he told me basicaly the same thing. O0

That is correct.
Thanks for spreading the TRUTH. :thumb:


http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/t_suspension.htm
 

voidfinger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
3,880
Reaction score
0
So i need to leave the stock uppers in, and get new aftermarket lowers. Will i need to do the torque box thing with the lower? Also, since my car is lower won't that mess up the angle of the rear end? Is there any way to fix that?

Thanks for the link Dal
 

Pennywise2

Active Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2007
Messages
937
Reaction score
0
DFG_Pimpin said:
from the research i have done, the only ones you should look into is the ones from FRPP. all the other ones cause binding and you can tear up your torque boxes from them....and that would be BAD. so unless you reinforce your torque boxes, leave in the stock ones of get the FRPP ones.

if you dont believe me ask Dal, he told me basicaly the same thing. O0
Yep,go with the FRPP upper control arms.
 

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Retired Staff
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
13,863
Reaction score
106
Location
SLC, UT
voidfinger said:
So i need to leave the stock uppers in, and get new aftermarket lowers. Will i need to do the torque box thing with the lower? Also, since my car is lower won't that mess up the angle of the rear end? Is there any way to fix that?

Thanks for the link Dal

your torque box should be fine unless you've warped it.
Ya, stock uppers - unless you bushings are shot, and lowers.
The FRPP's have better bushings, but still allow for the side slop needed for the brilliant suspeions arc!

I'd recommend the MM LCA"s
What that will do for you is reduce the side flexing of your axle durring hard accelerations.
more power to the ground.

Changing the rear pinion angle with lowering it won't cause you any problems.
It's not that exact anyway with the stock suspension.
 

voidfinger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
3,880
Reaction score
0
Dalamar said:
your torque box should be fine unless you've warped it.

Dal how can i tell if i've warped it? Will it be really noticable? and what would cause it to warp?

Thanks
 

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Retired Staff
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
13,863
Reaction score
106
Location
SLC, UT
voidfinger said:
Dalamar said:
your torque box should be fine unless you've warped it.

Dal how can i tell if i've warped it? Will it be really noticable? and what would cause it to warp?

Thanks

I really doubt you have. Hard launches on slicks, and high torque does it.
you'll see the sheetmetal warped and your axles and LCA mounts will be off a bit.
I've just seen pictures.

I'm sure your fine :)
 

voidfinger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
3,880
Reaction score
0
well it might be good to look at still b/c i think my axle tube is warped on passengers side so, ill check that and make sure it isn't that anyway. Someone said that you could get the axle tubes repaired or straitened out....where could you get that done? and how much do you think it would run
 

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Retired Staff
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
13,863
Reaction score
106
Location
SLC, UT
I'm not sure on that, you'll have to ask around.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
74,876
Messages
1,452,433
Members
13,560
Latest member
Rmlayton
Top