UPR Breather Tank

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I am in the process of going to install a breather tank on my 2v setup as I'm starting to get some blow by. I have done a lot of research and was originally going to go with the Moroso unit (85473) but this piece has two inlets for lines. I am planning on running a line from each valve cover, but think it would be a lot easier to have them go into a "T" and than run one line to the tank as I will probably end up mounting it in my fender well. I ran across this UPR one, and was just looking to see if anybody had any first hand experience with it? You also get to select 8, 10, 12 NPT fitting which is nice too:

Billet Engine Breather Tank Oil Separator | UPR

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Here's the moroso can that I have. Its a single inlet because I have both of my valve covers Teed into one line like you want to do:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-85461/overview/

I am always reading your posts/threads about yours on corral because its super helpful. I'm going to start buying the parts (fittings/lines/can) and I just want to make sure I get what I actually need. Which Y-block or distributor are you running? Also, how did you end up doing your valve covers with the fittings

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im glad that Im able to help. I have a Y fitting that ties both covers into one. I ran -8 for all of my lines since Im not under boost. All I did was reduce the -12 fitting down to a -8 on the catch can itself. On the drivers side, I simply used a 90* fitting with the one end being NPT threads that goes into the valve cover, and a -8 male end on the other, then I just used a regular -8 hose end to connect the hose to that fitting. On the passengers side, I have a straight fitting with a hose barb that goes into the valve cover, and a female -8 on the other end, then I have a 90* fitting that is -8 male on both ends, and then a regular -8 hose ends that connects the hose to the 90* male fitting at the valve cover. I do have some leaking around the grommet on the passengers side, and every once in a while Ill get a drip on the header. Over the winter Im going to take the valve cover off and take it to work a weld a fitting onto the valve covers so I can have a tight sealed connection on that valve cover. Oh BTW I have the aluminum Trick Flow valve covers...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online