UPR Exhaust

LJmagicJJ

Reaction score
I'm looking at an UPR Catalyic X pipe. Anyone heard or have one of these? Will I have to get MILS? I have SLP Loudmouth mufflers, will the x pipe cause it to be raspy? Will there be a big sound difference compared to the stock H pipe w/ 6 cats on it?

Thanks

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
LJmagicJJ said:
I'm looking at an UPR Catalyic X pipe. Anyone heard or have one of these? Will I have to get MILS? I have SLP Loudmouth mufflers, will the x pipe cause it to be raspy? Will there be a big sound difference compared to the stock H pipe w/ 6 cats on it?

Thanks

OK I have heard of UPR products, but I though they did he billitt parts for interiors :dunno:. Second with a cat x pipe you should not have to have mils ( I don't on mine ) since there is cats on the pipe you should be OK ( I could be wrong for ALL cases, but I don't have them on mine.......and I just got my NC Emissions Test a little over a week ago ) Third I love the way a x pipe sounds and it just so happens I am getting the SLP LMII exhaust to put on my Cobra. I cant say if it will be raspy but from the ones I have heard I think a certain amount is always going to be there. And finally there will be a noticeable change when you get the new mid pipe over the one you have now. It wont be as loud as a off road one ...............but it will sound waaaaaaaaaaay better than it does now.

OP
OP
L

LJmagicJJ

Reaction score
OK, Thanks for your help. I went to UPR's website and they got em. They were also in 5.0 Magazine so I'm guessing there pretty good.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
im sure there alright, i have heard the opposite about some of their suspension parts, then others dont mind them at the same time.

our sponsor art @ artsperformanceparts.com can probaly get you a discount on UPR stuff since your a member here ;)

98MSUGT

Reaction score
I have had a UPR x-pipe on my car for over 2 years now and have had no problems. Most x's will have more of a raspy sound than a H pipe. If you already have slp exhaust it will definitely have a raspy sound to it. I don’t know what kind of power you will pick up but after looking at my stock exhaust will all of the restrictors and cats, there is no doubt you will gain some power.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
our sponsor art @ artsperformanceparts.com can probaly get you a discount on UPR stuff since your a member here ;)

Art has definitely hooked me up on some parts. I bought some UPR stuff a couple times from him. Their is DEFINITELY a discount.
I bought some Steeda parts and Prothane bushings from him as well

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
go for it man,
im getting SLP's and might be getting an H with it.
put up a sound clip of how it sounds if you get it.

badass98svt

Reaction score
BTW, I've heard a few times that the UPR X sounds very similar to a DR. Gas

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.