Sinned83

Reaction score
^ boom. There goes the neighborhood. Can't wait to hear the excuses

OP
OP
Pitbull_SN95

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?725101-LCA-relocation-bracket-comparison-w-pics

So, why he is saying L&M/UPR. I researched them both, and they do look identical but they are different brands. It seems he is also running the J&Ms on an 8 second whipple GT500. That could attribute to this failure.
I'm sure you have heard of BMR? I'm local to them, and have a few friends that run their full suspension. My friend has twisted one of their brackets before.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/drag-racing/982323-upr-anti-roll-bar-question-pic-inside.html

I'm not sure why it would be that way, I would'nt want to keep it. I'd send it back and get a new one. So the guy called the first time, asked if the part was okay. They told him yeah, it's safe to use. He calls a second time because people told him to get a new one, and they sent him a new one with no issue. What's the problem?

http://forums.corral.net/forums/general-mustang-tech/1101501-upr-arm-=-garbage.html

This one is funny. I read through this topic awhile back.

"Attached below are the findings about the A arm that was in question. Webco is the supplying mill for AED Motorsports who not only supplies UPR but also most of the major NASCAR and NHRA race teams throughout the industry. These two companies are some of the most upstanding suppliers out there and fully stand behind their product."

A-Arms-1.jpg
A-Arms-2.jpg

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sold and used UPR for years. Never an issue. Noisy coilovers will be the same with any conversion, gotta run true coil over struts if you don't want noise.

ehhhh my MM coilovers don't make noise; they actually design them to be quiet.

OP
OP
Pitbull_SN95

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
ehhhh my MM coilovers don't make noise; they actually design them to be quiet.

I have heard the whole "noisy coilovers" thing. I haven't had issues with mine being noisy. I'm not really sure what kind of noise they would be making? It does seem the UPR sleeve is a little loose around some struts compared to MM, but I've never had a rattling issue.

Sinned83

Reaction score
I have heard the whole "noisy coilovers" thing. I haven't had issues with mine being noisy. I'm not really sure what kind of noise they would be making?
[MENTION=8293]OnyxCobra[/MENTION] said his are quiet. I think it was dino who said something about coilovers being noisy.

spank 141

Reaction score
the upr sleeves are a little loose around the struts this is taken away by a wrap of duct tape around the strut. Be you guys go bashing upr this idea didn't come from upr products it has been around a long time and people use this trick on all types of cars with many different brands of coil overs. Also when you change to the CC plates you are adding alot of metal were there used to be rubber. Add some rubber and the noise form coil overs is pretty much gone. Also not a upr thing before you guys say anything and yes MM is better if you got that kind of money buy them.

As far as exhuast fit ment I wouldn't get to excited over that. My 91 mustang has a $750 mangaflow x pipe on it that I had to take some sand paper to to get it to fit right. So don't feel so bad you upr x pipe didn't fit all that great.

You guys need to remember in the world custom cars you are always going to find stuff that just dosen't fit right or wasn't designed for what you what it to do. defenitly products that don't work together. So you have to do it yourself and find a way to make things work which I think is fun. If you don't like doing custom work yourself you need to find a new hobby because from the most expensive parts to the cheap chinesse crap you are going to fun into problems

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
why would anybody want to buy a coilover kit that requires you to wrap your struts with duct tape to keep them quiet lol. That's ridiculous and a sign that the manufacturer didn't want to put in the time or effort to make the part properly. I installed a full tubular front suspension on my car from MM and the only thing that required adjusting on my end was a slight bend in a brake line to fit the wide base of the K member. No duct tape, sandpaper, modifying, etc.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
the upr sleeves are a little loose around the struts this is taken away by a wrap of duct tape around the strut. Be you guys go bashing upr this idea didn't come from upr products it has been around a long time and people use this trick on all types of cars with many different brands of coil overs. Also when you change to the CC plates you are adding alot of metal were there used to be rubber. Add some rubber and the noise form coil overs is pretty much gone. Also not a upr thing before you guys say anything and yes MM is better if you got that kind of money buy them.

As far as exhuast fit ment I wouldn't get to excited over that. My 91 mustang has a $750 mangaflow x pipe on it that I had to take some sand paper to to get it to fit right. So don't feel so bad you upr x pipe didn't fit all that great.

You guys need to remember in the world custom cars you are always going to find stuff that just dosen't fit right or wasn't designed for what you what it to do. defenitly products that don't work together. So you have to do it yourself and find a way to make things work which I think is fun. If you don't like doing custom work yourself you need to find a new hobby because from the most expensive parts to the cheap chinesse crap you are going to fun into problems
We are spoiled in the mustang world with bolt on everything... kits this and kits that..... IMO that is

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

Magnaflow X pipes go fer $750?! I never looked mine up after finding it on craigslist for $100. Hell I have been thinking of selling it and gong off road and would even have some cash n hand to do it.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
mcglsr do you ever add a post of value to a thread or do you just like filling it up with stupid pics?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
mcglsr do you ever add a post of value to a thread or do you just like filling it up with stupid pics?

Sorry, I guess I'm just being a dick. No good reason, I just thought it was funny. I'll leave you gents to your conversation. Sorry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online