UPR K members..

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
UPR products are not something id put on a DD.

I figured I would make a new topic, rather than quoting you in the thread you posted in so it can focus on its topic.

I just wanted to have a dicussion with the forum on this topic, and try to get some people to stop spreading bs on this site atleast. So why would you not put their product on a DD? Is it because they are cheap and probably using China manufactured tubing? Well, Webco is the supplying mill for AED Motorsports who not only supplies UPR but also most of the major NASCAR and NHRA race teams throughout the industry.

I don't doubt that UPR can offer really shitty customer service. We have all had it from lots of companies, but that's not what I want to talk about. I have used UPR for years, and my close friends use them on their cars that are daily driven, and raced on the track a few times every month. Where are these deadly failures that everyone's talking about?

Also.. I'm really bored at work. Let's make this last atleast 10 hours.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I believe adder had a temp ban on the forum,isn't really active here much now.

UPR is fine... Yes MM is probably better. /thread.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
seems like every time we see a picture of suspension part failure it's a UPR product.

also if they have crappy customer service that's reason enough for me to avoid them.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I don't know about "deadly failures," I put a UPR k-member in my 98 that I am building and I was far less than pleased with how it fit. I had problems lining everything up, the bolts hit the welds up front no matter how I lined it up. When I was going to put the control arms together, all the sleeves for the bolts were cut different lengths, and I had to beat the control arms in with a dead blow hammer. I have all the problems with pictures posted up in my build thread, the sales manager from UPR contacted me and sent me one of their bolt kits for free to fix the hitting issues I was having. I don't expect my car to fall apart or kill me and UPR customer service was great to me, I just don't like the way their k-member fits.

Just for reference, forgive my typing or grammar errors. I'm on my phone and it's hard to do this lol

OP
OP
Pitbull_SN95

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
seems like every time we see a picture of suspension part failure it's a UPR product.

also if they have crappy customer service that's reason enough for me to avoid them.

Where are the pictures? I'm just throwing that their service might be bad for some people, so eliminate that it's an issue. I only had to deal with them once, and that's because my CAI hits my hood, but it's because of the intake I have. They offered to send me new bolts for free, and the K member lowering kit half price.

Ran one in my 5.0 for years no issue. . The coilover are real squeaky tho. .

I have their coilovers too. The only issue I've had is wrenching them up can be a PITA if you don't buy their specific tool.

I don't know about "deadly failures," I put a UPR k-member in my 98 that I am building and I was far less than pleased with how it fit. I had problems lining everything up, the bolts hit the welds up front no matter how I lined it up. When I was going to put the control arms together, all the sleeves for the bolts were cut different lengths, and I had to beat the control arms in with a dead blow hammer. I have all the problems with pictures posted up in my build thread, the sales manager from UPR contacted me and sent me one of their bolt kits for free to fix the hitting issues I was having. I don't expect my car to fall apart or kill me and UPR customer service was great to me, I just don't like the way their k-member fits.

Just for reference, forgive my typing or grammar errors. I'm on my phone and it's hard to do this lol

The shoulder on the stock bolts, hits on the welds up front, is what you're saying? I had the same issue, but none with the LCA.

I guess this is gonna be a fail thread if that guy doesn't responde with an attitude.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yes the welds up front, and I guess it just made me a little angry because it didn't say anything about needing new bolts.

I I really expected this thread to blow up and more people to argue back and forth.

OP
OP
Pitbull_SN95

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
so you started this just to get in a flame war over UPR? I mean are they that important to you?

Well my intentions were to have a public discussion with Add. Like I said in the begining, I'm bored at work for another 4 hours now and yes, I literally have nothing to do at work. It seems like a fail thread, I guess the hot heads have either left the forum or don't care about this topic anymore.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I have a UPR full suspension on both of my cars and haven't had an issue with either one. In fact I don't know of a "real" person that's had a part failure from UPR, and I know a LOT of Mustang people. Is MM better? Yes. Is UPR a good product for the price? Yes.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have heard mixed reactions from those that used them including needing a hammer to get stuff to fit. Obviously that should not happen but a lot of people forget to think though that we are not dealing with new cars here and a lot of us have no real idea the real history of the car short of carfax. if the front end had damage it might be off a little and that is not their fault of course, but who would get the blame?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
eating_popcorn-s320x240-181195.gif

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't have pictures, i just know they come up every once in a while. I don't particularly have anything against UPR, I just chose to go with another brand for my car since I could afford to.

Sinned83

Reaction score
I've stayed away from all things UPR over the years. A quick internet search shows up plenty of deficiencies (some even show up at the door that way) that's poor quality control. I'd rather spend my hard earned $ on products made by companies with outstanding reputations.

spank 141

Reaction score
just installed a upr k member a arms and coil overs on my car. Everything fit just fine. Only small issue I had was getting the a arms to seat with the brake hubs so I could tighten the crown nut properly. I called upr about it and they said they would call me back and never did. That part pissed me off but, everything else was good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online