Upstream o2 sensors

NCMystic

Reaction score
on my 96 cobra would the 02 sensors be located in the headers? i need to replace my two upstream 02 sensors. there are senesors in my header, no cat and and then two sensors in my offroad H (assume are the mil sensors / deletes?) are my upstream 02 sensors in the headers?

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
if you dont have cats you are going to get false positive codes for inefficiency. either 1. get cats 2. get turned off with a tuner 3. miliminators.

OP
OP
NCMystic

NCMystic

Reaction score
I have Mileliminators, it's not throwing cat codes. i just need to know if the sensors directly in the headers are my upstream 02's so i'll know what to replace.

jabird

Reaction score
Your Cobra's 02 sensors are not in the headers. They are located about 8" down from the header flange just before the bend in the pipe where your pre-cat was. From the rear of the car, they screw into bungs at 2 oclock (left) and 10 oclock (right). Hope this helps, good luck! :wave:

OP
OP
NCMystic

NCMystic

Reaction score
2002BLGT said:
They would only be in the headers if you have longtube headers

i DO have longtube headers. would pictures make this easier? i can snap some shots of my headers and H pipe if it would help.

jabird

Reaction score
Ahhh, yes then, your 02 sensors would be in the headers...still in about the same place as factory unless someone extended the harness. Are you using a tuner?

OP
OP
NCMystic

NCMystic

Reaction score
no i am not, i'm sure it needs one though

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99