URGENT HELP STRANGE VIBRATION OR MISFIRING 95sn

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by joestangman, Jul 28, 2007.

1. joestangman

joestangman New Member

:rant:Hi im am posting this in hopes someone can help me troubleshoot this strange problem i have a 95sn gts with what seems to be misfiring with a slight vibration between idle and 3000 rpm. I was wondering if this is symptomatic of a bad damper or jumped timing chain. I cannot dial in my fuel curves for sometime now and i am chasing my tail trying to locate the problem. My base timing is set to 10* my AFPR is set to about 40 psi. Just recently i noticed that i am leaking a little oil from my front bearing seal is there anyone that can assist me in finding my problem. I have a new plugs, wires , rotor , ignition module and distributor assy and a new bbk afpr. How can i tell if my distributor is out of alignment i have just installed a new one thinking the hall effect sensor is gone.

Its been a year now with no luck your assistance is much apreciated.
    MOTORSPORT 1.7 STUD MOUNT ROLLERS
    75 MM TB - GO WITH A 70MM TB HIGHLY ADVISED
    75 MM PRO M WITH 24 LB INJECTORS
    255LPH WALBRO FUEL PUMP
    ADJ REG
    UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS
    BBK HEADERS 1 5/8 WITH FLOMASTER CATBACK AND CAT FORWARD
    MAC UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS
    KING COBRA CLUTCH
    PRO M SHIFTER
    MAC COLD AIR INTAKE

2. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

Reach your hand down there and GRAB the balancer....can you wiggle the counter weight? You car sounds like a perfect candidate for a bad balancer.

3. NYC94GT

NYC94GT Active Member

Does it go away when you rev the engine? I would check the plug wires and see if they are correctly on the right cylinders, make sure the cap is on tight, and the plugs are screwed in completely. Do the simple things first... A Damper won't cause a misfire.

4. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised how many people misinterpret a bad balancer as a missfire....I bought a 95 GT for $1,000 b/c the guy thought the motor threw a rod and it was knocking...he said "I think its only hitting on four cylinders b/c it shakes something awful and makes a hell of a racket." He turned his back, I looked at the balancer, turned around and told him "Sold." 1 hour later, I was whipping donuts in it.....

5. 95Grandtouring5.0

95Grandtouring5.0 Well-Known Member

at night time, go start your car up, and look down at the coil in complete darkness, mine had a VERY similar problem, turned out my coil was shit and was arcing like crazy. Youd be very surprised, so check it!