URGENT HELP STRANGE VIBRATION OR MISFIRING 95sn

joestangman

Reaction score
:rant:Hi im am posting this in hopes someone can help me troubleshoot this strange problem i have a 95sn gts with what seems to be misfiring with a slight vibration between idle and 3000 rpm. I was wondering if this is symptomatic of a bad damper or jumped timing chain. I cannot dial in my fuel curves for sometime now and i am chasing my tail trying to locate the problem. My base timing is set to 10* my AFPR is set to about 40 psi. Just recently i noticed that i am leaking a little oil from my front bearing seal is there anyone that can assist me in finding my problem. I have a new plugs, wires , rotor , ignition module and distributor assy and a new bbk afpr. How can i tell if my distributor is out of alignment i have just installed a new one thinking the hall effect sensor is gone.

Its been a year now with no luck your assistance is much apreciated.
MOTORSPORT 1.7 STUD MOUNT ROLLERS
75 MM TB - GO WITH A 70MM TB HIGHLY ADVISED
75 MM PRO M WITH 24 LB INJECTORS
255LPH WALBRO FUEL PUMP
ADJ REG
UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS
BBK HEADERS 1 5/8 WITH FLOMASTER CATBACK AND CAT FORWARD
MAC UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS
KING COBRA CLUTCH
PRO M SHIFTER
MAC COLD AIR INTAKE

ryclef331

Reaction score
Reach your hand down there and GRAB the balancer....can you wiggle the counter weight? You car sounds like a perfect candidate for a bad balancer.

NYC94GT

Reaction score
joestangman said:
:rant:Hi im am posting this in hopes someone can help me troubleshoot this strange problem i have a 95sn gts with what seems to be misfiring with a slight vibration between idle and 3000 rpm. I was wondering if this is symptomatic of a bad damper or jumped timing chain. I cannot dial in my fuel curves for sometime now and i am chasing my tail trying to locate the problem. My base timing is set to 10* my AFPR is set to about 40 psi. Just recently i noticed that i am leaking a little oil from my front bearing seal is there anyone that can assist me in finding my problem. I have a new plugs, wires , rotor , ignition module and distributor assy and a new bbk afpr. How can i tell if my distributor is out of alignment i have just installed a new one thinking the hall effect sensor is gone.

255LPH WALBRO FUEL PUMP
ADJ REG
UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS
MAC UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS
KING COBRA CLUTCH
PRO M SHIFTER
MAC COLD AIR INTAKE
Does it go away when you rev the engine? I would check the plug wires and see if they are correctly on the right cylinders, make sure the cap is on tight, and the plugs are screwed in completely. Do the simple things first... A Damper won't cause a misfire.

ryclef331

Reaction score
NYC94GT said:
joestangman said:

255LPH WALBRO FUEL PUMP
ADJ REG
UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS
MAC UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS
KING COBRA CLUTCH
PRO M SHIFTER
MAC COLD AIR INTAKE
Does it go away when you rev the engine? I would check the plug wires and see if they are correctly on the right cylinders, make sure the cap is on tight, and the plugs are screwed in completely. Do the simple things first... A Damper won't cause a misfire.

You'd be surprised how many people misinterpret a bad balancer as a missfire....I bought a 95 GT for $1,000 b/c the guy thought the motor threw a rod and it was knocking...he said "I think its only hitting on four cylinders b/c it shakes something awful and makes a hell of a racket." He turned his back, I looked at the balancer, turned around and told him "Sold." 1 hour later, I was whipping donuts in it.....

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
at night time, go start your car up, and look down at the coil in complete darkness, mine had a VERY similar problem, turned out my coil was shit and was arcing like crazy. Youd be very surprised, so check it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.