Used blowers?

Whistler98

Reaction score
I have had an fmu for over 2yrs of hard driving and haven't had any problems. If I had to do it over again I would have just went with injectors and ditched the fmu for Power reasons, there is more in it with the tune if you ditch the fmu I believe. But I am planing on rebuilding the motor and don't want to pay for another tune before I redo the motor.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Wow, you guy's forget the thread where I posted the 13.2 or whatever NPI 'stang already huh?

What they quote to install cams is irrelevent, since most anyone can bolt on a blower kit, it only takes a day, the only remotely technical part is tapping a hole in the oil pan. The rest is just nut's, bolt's, and clamp's.

Of course if you are figuring labor, you will be saving a long time, those mechanics dont come cheap.

voidfinger

Reaction score
well for pi swap... it won't cost you 1k to get... why not hit me up :)

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
You are such a vagina

You left out all these details like the fact that the car was stripped of a lot of shit and weighed like 3,000 pounds at the time and you were cutting 1.6-1.7 60 foot times.

Weight reduction does make a huge differance...but generally I think people want to run faster by making more power and not having to strip 500 pounds of shit off that you will put back in the car anyway.

500 pounds?? you know absolutely nothing about these cars. The only things i took out of my car that i put back in is the passenger seat and the back seat. the back seat i don't even need, and most people put in a rear seat delete. And people who "want to make power rather than save weight" are either just dumb or have more money than sense. whichever of the two you are makes no matter to me.

and all my 60' times were in the high 1.7s, i have seen skilled drivers do that on STREET tires, and can be easily done on drag radials.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
justinschmidt1 said:
You are such a vagina

You left out all these details like the fact that the car was stripped of a lot of shit and weighed like 3,000 pounds at the time and you were cutting 1.6-1.7 60 foot times.

Weight reduction does make a huge differance...but generally I think people want to run faster by making more power and not having to strip 500 pounds of shit off that you will put back in the car anyway.

500 pounds?? you know absolutely nothing about these cars. The only things i took out of my car that i put back in is the passenger seat and the back seat. the back seat i don't even need, and most people put in a rear seat delete. And people who "want to make power rather than save weight" are either just dumb or have more money than sense. whichever of the two you are makes no matter to me.

Exactly what I was thinking.

voidfinger

Reaction score
wow there is a lot of shit talk on this forum now adays lol. :knuppel2:

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
low9sGT hahajk said:
Beginning Hijack - Anyone know where a cheapish powerdyne for a 1997 mustang gt is? I've been looking everywhere for them..they're all for 5-ohs :( - Hijack Complete

just sold mine for 1k 2 weeks ago lol...

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
justinschmidt1 said:
You are such a vagina

and all my 60' times were in the high 1.7s, i have seen skilled drivers do that on STREET tires, and can be easily done on drag radials.

I know absolutely nothing becuase I exagerated the weight you took out of your car? ok buddy, sure.

In order for your car to be 3000 pounds you had to remove a couple hundred pounds...atleast 275 since the 5 speed coupe is supposed to weigh 3275.

Some people want thier car to be fast without removing any weight.

Reaction score
Im curious to what the average price of a used blower would be? Like the whole kit, including the injectors and such?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Depends on brand. If it came with the whole kit, injectors, tune, fuel pump, maf, I would think like 2500+

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
brightwhite98GT said:
Im curious to what the average price of a used blower would be? Like the whole kit, including the injectors and such?

There was a thread on Corral.net once upon a time about a gut who pieced together a Vortech kit for his 4.6 2V for under 1500 bucks. Was a very interesting read.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:
jfor441 said:
Look on corral.ent and modularfords.com .... I am sure you can get a good used vortech for 1500-2000 bucks. Just have to be patient and look for deals and have cash in hand ready to buy when the good deal comes around.

I got my first kit, a Vortech S-trim for 1200 bucks on Ebay.

I October/November prices on this stuff go down pretty low. That was a complete kit, I got it right after thanksgiving. Right now, eveything is high because everyone is spending their tax returns.

In modular life you have two options, dink around, spend 1k on bolt ons, or 3k on H/C and bolt ons, and be in the mid to upper 200 rwhp range (on average, please don't tell me about the 1 in 10,000 freak who DD's his 325 rwhp N/A car), or spend 3-4k on a blower, assorted fuel and tuning, and be in the mid to upper 300's on average...

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
J.R. said:
J.R. said:
jfor441 said:
Look on corral.ent and modularfords.com .... I am sure you can get a good used vortech for 1500-2000 bucks. Just have to be patient and look for deals and have cash in hand ready to buy when the good deal comes around.

I got my first kit, a Vortech S-trim for 1200 bucks on Ebay.

I October/November prices on this stuff go down pretty low. That was a complete kit, I got it right after thanksgiving. Right now, eveything is high because everyone is spending their tax returns.

In modular life you have two options, dink around, spend 1k on bolt ons, or 3k on H/C and bolt ons, and be in the mid to upper 200 rwhp range (on average, please don't tell me about the 1 in 10,000 freak who DD's his 325 rwhp N/A car), or spend 3-4k on a blower, assorted fuel and tuning, and be in the mid to upper 300's on average...

I am gonna be that 1 in 10000 freak who DD's his 350 rwhp NA car LOL

gt96stang

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
brightwhite98GT said:

There was a thread on Corral.net once upon a time about a gut who pieced together a Vortech kit for his 4.6 2V for under 1500 bucks. Was a very interesting read.

I believe you're talking about this...
http://www.mustangforums.com/m_3332042/tm.htm

But that is without a headunit, injectors, fuel pump, usually a MAF, and non-intercooled...

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Get Money said:
jfor441 said:
brightwhite98GT said:

I believe you're talking about this...
http://www.mustangforums.com/m_3332042/tm.htm

But that is without a headunit, injectors, fuel pump, usually a MAF, and non-intercooled...

Maybe that's what i was thinking about LOL

Regardless, good info in that thread! Even if it is mustangforums.com

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
justinschmidt1 said:
You are such a vagina

now i wouldnt say that, some of us would like for our cars to run xx.xx at the track and drive it the same way for weeks and months on end, allowing room for passengers and such. i dont see th logic in the removal of all the seats in a street car, but thats because id like to be able to run on the streets as i do on the track... but at the same time, if u dont use a back seat ever, might as well ditch it( i use mine for many things, storage, baby making, passengers, etc...)

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm not pulling all my seats out either, lol Just a PITA for .3 in the 1/4.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Gutting the trunk, taking out the back seat and brackets+ front seat, and using a racing seat for the driver seat probably saves a lot of weight.

My car felt quite a bit faster with no back seat, and no sub woofers. Running on street tires it is usually worthless becuase it makes the ass end so light.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
My car felt quite a bit faster with no back seat, and no sub woofers. Running on street tires it is usually worthless becuase it makes the ass end so light.

it probably felt alot faster with the throttle body and plenum too. :blah2:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
And i got my vortech kit for 1800 with everything i needed except a tune. which you can get the chip from Vortech for very cheap. but i would not run my car on an FMU and a chip tune. there is too many variables to take into consideration to have a mail order tune. because having a different exhaust or something similar will change your a/f ratio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online