V6 to 4.6 swap

brett98

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody on here has heard of anyone doing a 3.8 to 4.6 swap on there mustangs, I can get my hands on a 02 4.6 out of a lincoln, but thought id check here to see if it would be worth the time and money to do, any info would be greatly appreciated :help2:

STNG_96

Reaction score
Hell yes it would be worth it, you would need a whole slue of other parts including stuff for the computer,tranny, suspension, driveshaft, etc, but i dont think you would regret doing it. Is the motor a 2v or 4v?

OP
OP
B

brett98

Reaction score
Engine i believe is 4v out of a lincoln Contintal rated at 275 hp, i may be able to get the whole car, as it is in a junkyard, it was rear ended and written off, so if i could get the whole car i should be able to use the computer and tranny out of it,, im not sure if the stock mustang rearend would hold up to the v8, and i have a set of v8 lowering springs that would beef the suspension up a little, does anyone know of someone who has done this swap before so i could get a heads up before i go about it, Thanks Brett

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
look over on MPH or SVT Performance you should be able to get some usefull info, it would be a LOT of work but well worth it. The change from that 6 banger to a 4 valve 4.6 would be :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Yea, you would crap yourself with amazmentness the first time you took it out after the swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online