V6 to 4V swap

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
Oh, got my headers and H-pipe from a 96 Cobra today :dancing6: What size headers did a stock cobra have? Will post pic later, I'm here @ work make'n some O.T today

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
waltnono said:
Oh, got my headers and H-pipe from a 96 Cobra today :dancing6: What size headers did a stock cobra have? Will post pic later, I'm here @ work make'n some O.T today

hmmm, im not sure what the stock header size was ??? your not going to try to go on and get a set of long-tubes or mids or any thing other than the stock ones for now? Reason im asking this is because it is a PAIN IN THE ASS to put headers on a 4.6 after every thing is installed, you may save a headache down the road by getting some now rather than later. Just something to think about, I know money gets tight doing a project like you are. :-\

yellowgt

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
waltnono said:

hmmm, im not sure what the stock header size was ??? your not going to try to go on and get a set of long-tubes or mids or any thing other than the stock ones for now? Reason im asking this is because it is a PAIN IN THE ASS to put headers on a 4.6 after every thing is installed, you may save a headache down the road by getting some now rather than later. Just something to think about, I know money gets tight doing a project like you are. :-\

I agree with Snakebit on this one.

Don't let the headache start and go put some LT headers on before everything is done.

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
The only problem is that I smog up here and I couldn't afford long tubes and the cat h-pipe but I'm think'n about getting some shorties. Oh and that $500 budget plan :lol: let just say the performance bug has got me.

G

GREG@SN95

waltnono said:
The only problem is that I smog up here and I couldn't afford long tubes and the cat h-pipe but I'm think'n about getting some shorties. Oh and that $500 budget plan :lol: let just say the performance bug has got me.

make sure that they are equal length ones or ya might as well leave the stock manifolds...

I can recomend mac's equal length shorties...

but hooker headers IMPO are the best and well worth the extra few $$$

G

GREG@SN95

waltnono said:
What about the Ford Racing 1's?
never heard anything bad about the,... never heard anything good either... actually i never heard anything about them...

I'll tell ya from experience though mac makes great shit and you can't beat hooker

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
waltnono said:
What about the Ford Racing 1's?
never heard anything bad about the,... never heard anything good either... actually i never heard anything about them...

I'll tell ya from experience though mac makes great shit and you can't beat hooker

+1 on the Mac stuff

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
you got some big balls undertaking that project. good luck

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
Well I broke down on the original plans a bit, I had a 97 2V computer sitting in the house for a while and say a guy on eBay selling a 97GT harness for dirt cheap. I paid $35 for the harness, so what I figure now is that I will use the 97 computer and harness and get a 4V tune from mustangtuning. It might cost more than what I wanted to spend but it will save me a lot of time and headache. Also I cab have them disable the PATS and EGR so I won't have to deal with that. So I thinking maybe some time in the next couple of weeks I should have things done. As of right now I'm waiting on the harness and that's it for parts beside the front accessories on the engine which I will get from the yard this weekend. I will post pics as soon as I start.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
waltnono said:
Well I broke down on the original plans a bit, I had a 97 2V computer sitting in the house for a while and say a guy on eBay selling a 97GT harness for dirt cheap. I paid $35 for the harness, so what I figure now is that I will use the 97 computer and harness and get a 4V tune from mustangtuning. It might cost more than what I wanted to spend but it will save me a lot of time and headache. Also I cab have them disable the PATS and EGR so I won't have to deal with that. So I thinking maybe some time in the next couple of weeks I should have things done. As of right now I'm waiting on the harness and that's it for parts beside the front accessories on the engine which I will get from the yard this weekend. I will post pics as soon as I start.
awesome :bunny3:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
waltnono said:
awesome :bunny3:

+1

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
Check out the rims I scored. Got them off eBay from a mustangtuning auction but look how I got screwed. I wanted 2 10.5 D.D rims for my rear.
P0000564.jpg

P0000566.jpg

P0000567.jpg

P0000568.jpg

But when out of my way to the the order right so he sent me a new 10.5 rim and let me keep the other 1.(Which I don't know what the hell I will do with a 11+ inch rim) The two rims I bought from the had a slight dent in the lip but it was kinda nice to get a perfect rim out the deal.

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
damn 11 inch rim :eek: :eek: well you could get another one and put them on the stang ;)

I was think'n about that but I think the off set for that rim was for an 05. It stuck out to far plus it looked like it would rub the inner fender and tail pipe.

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
O.K don't talk about me but I've been so lazy and so busy with the baby I haven't had much time to work on my project but I have all the parts that I need minus the xcal. So I took out the old push-rod motor last week and painted the new k-member.
P0000616.jpg

P0000617.jpg

But if not one thing then its another. My sister car blew a head gasket so this is what I've been work'n on for my day off work :p
P0000618.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online