v8 Swap?

Downshift

Reaction score
Ok well I have been hunting for a damn 5.0 94-95 That i can afford forever. And the only ones that are close that arnt piles of crap are V6s or Autos. Now I dont like automatics because I love to drive manual. So I am curious what exactly would it take parts wise to swap a 5.0 motor into a 94-95 V6 5 speed. Looking to see if i can do it and even if I dont have to im just curious. Thanks guys.

wiplash

Reaction score
Would be way easier to buy an auto and change it to 5 speed, alot cheaper too. Mine was an auto before.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Alright well im open to suggestions. So what do you need for an auto to 5 speed swap and what do you need for a v6 to 5.0 swap? Thanks guys.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I dont know much about the V6 to 5.0 swap, I know with the foxes you need rear end, trans, suspension, computer etc. Doesnt seem many do it with the sn95s Im pretty sure NITROUSINJECTED did it, mabye he will tune in here. I think hes selling that car too?

wiplash

Reaction score
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/25.shtml
should give you an idea of t5 swap

For the v6 to v8 swap you have to spend alot on the motor itself plus I think the v8 tranny is stonger than the v6 one so you may have find a new tranny too. But you will need whole engine with throttle body and wiring, maf, full exhaust, t4mo computer, nicer wheels (v6 wheels suck), and with the v6 car you don't get the nice interior or foglights either.

You should get the v8 5.0 car and swap the trans. A lot cheaper and easier.

NITROUSINJECTED

Reaction score
HEY MAN I HAVE ONE FOR SALE THAT WAS A V6 ORIGANALLY NOW A V8. THERE IS ALOT OF WORK TO THAT. REAR END COMPUTER WIRING IT TOOK US A COUPLE DAYS JUST TO LAY THE WIRING OUT. IT CAN BE DONE IT JUST TAKES TIME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS JUST HIT ME UP OR PM ME I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO WALK YOU THREW IT OR HELL I WOULD EVEN SELL YOU MINE JUST PM ME ABOUT IT AND ILL GIVE YOU THE INFO

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I agree with the auto to manual swap, much easier than changeing motors, wireing harness ect......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online