Vacuum Hose from rear of plenum, '00 GT?

heffe2001

Reaction score
There's a vacuum hose coming out of the rear of the plenum that I believe needs to be replaced. I'm thinking it has something to do with the evap system? Comes out of the rear of the plenum, goes along the firewall, then down the passenger side towards the rear of the wheel well. I'm almost positive this hose is bad (I'll put a couple pictures at the end), just need to know what kind of hose I need, and how far it goes down. I've been having rough idle problems, and tried pretty much everything else, and figured I'd start looking at the vacuum hoses. This looks to be the only one that is a dried up mess though. Once you trace it back to the plenum, you can see where someone has wrapped it in black tape, I'm guessing to attempt to fix it without replacing it?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
To be honest its a good idea to update all rubber hoses all together when you suspect one hose has failed. Just a good rule of thumb. Much like changing out all plugs together or all plug wires together and not just the one thats bad.
So yea! Change that puppy out and then if the problem persist at least the hoses will be ruled out.

OP
OP
H

heffe2001

Reaction score
I'm in the process of changing out everything that's worn, just curious if anybody knows how much tubing, and what type I should use for that particular location. Won't be able to get it up on the lift until sometime mid-week, and hopefully it it changed out then. Most of the other vacuum lines are in good shape, this one is the main one that really shows any wear, I'm guessing from the fumes that are going through that particular hose..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.