Vacuum Leak

RealestVIN7

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a pretty bad vacuum leak. My A/C only blows out of the defrost, and it has a rouh idle. The car sat for about 7 months, but who knows how long it's been doin this with the previous owner. Where should I start looking? Thanks.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
It is most likely the small vacuum line by the firewall. It is like an 1/8th inch black vacuum line. I had the same problem with the ac blowing out the defrost and it was because it had come loose. It runs from the drivers side of the firewall to the passenger side of the firewalll then into the car.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
yep its a saftey feature so at least you have a defroster for ice and fog, there should be a small 1/8in hose loose, get a screw and plug it up, or if it goes somewhere ziptie it tight.

OP
OP
R

RealestVIN7

Reaction score
Sweet. Thanks for the help. I'll check it out asap, then get back to ya'll.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
To locate it easier you can spray on some throttle body cleaner on the vaccume line connections, if the idle changes then bingo. it can just be kinda messy.

OP
OP
R

RealestVIN7

Reaction score
Think I got it. The little vacuum line for the A/C was broke right at the vacuum block on the driver's side firewall. Now I'm changing my fuel filter. Boo!

dnkapcorydnk

Reaction score
dont forget the bracket that u have to take off to remove the filter... and a couple beers... lol :drunk:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online