Valve Covers

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
you could use them but they are cheap steel and will sooner or later leak between the bolts. I'm running 7/16 studs and 1.7 roller rockers with a .544 lift cam and the stock fox body covers work great.....the only mod is the oil baffle needs to be trimmed

oh yeah my covers are off a 92 they dont have the inside ribs like the older fox covers (ford got rid of the ribs because of the 93 cobra had roller rockers)

RIO5.0

Reaction score
I ran those Summit's for a few years...They were leak free from day one..I kinda liked em as they had "cutouts" for the ears on Fel-Pro gaskets...Those are 3.5 tall and I was running a spacer with em on 3 different FRPP uppers...Odds are youll have trouble with the IAC valve..I has to dimple the VC for clearance, thats with a 3/8" spacer to boot...and no EGR
I would check these out...Vib on SN just put them on his new 347 set-up and sadi there sweet...and cheap to boot..68.00.

Check em out...http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/

ryclef331

Reaction score
The problem you encounter on our cars with taller valve covers is one of three things....I found all this out building my 331. I bought the tall cast aluminum valve covers from JEGs to clear my studded roller rockers.
5555010A.jpg
First problem on the motor stand was the upper intake wouldn't clear (the "horn" that comes down off the EGR and the whole bottom of the throttle body). This caused to have to run a 1" Phenolic Spacer. Second problem was when I mocked up the accessories, the back side of the alternator actually sits into a recess on the stock type valve covers. I cut the jegs covers as required, fliped the piece and had it tig welded back in. Finally, and this is a minor one, because I was running taller valvecovers, it made some of my plug wires too short. Thats my nightmare that I went through but in the end, if you got the resources to mod them, the JEGs covers look trick and are very cheap (114 bucks) compared to the ones out there specifically for our cars...

69clark

Reaction score
I bought these off ebay for $129, which is less than the $162 that I sold (ebay) my stock cobra valve covers that I had Jet Hot coated. Most guys will have clearance issue being tall valve covers but like ryclef331 stated if you can mod. a little you can get them to work. They look even better in person.

RIO5.0

Reaction score
69clark...Damn that looks tight....Never seen em before....

zippy94

Reaction score
I used 87-93 vavle covers. And polished them up.And grinded the inside out to clear rocker arms,But No spacer needed between upper and lower. But had to make adapter bracket for alternator.Common problem.

redripper

Reaction score
you can use your stock cover as long as you gring out the the splash tray at the top and the supports on the inside. ive been using mine for ever they work fine just grind out supports

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online