valve covers?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
my vortech system is supposed to arrive today and I am going to have some of the brackets and some other parts powder coated. I have had a stamped set of valve covers for some time and been wanting too upgrade but am not really sure what I need but would like to send them off to powder as well. I have trickflow 170 heads on it so I know I need a taller cover and that the alt gets in the way on some designs but I am not sure if I need a breather or what else is needed now for the supercharger. Any help on a set of aluminum valve covers for a 94 gt with a vortech system?

95opal

Reaction score
Why cant you powder your current covers? Breather/pcv/catch can/ vacuum pump set up all depends on how you want to go about it. If your undecided get covers that don't have any provisions drilled into them this way you can set it up the way you decide on.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can use the current valve covers but just never been happy with them. They are stamped steel and always had an issue making them tight enough to seal all the way around.

Cool so the alt is out of the way do I want a breather or anything like that?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
and in good news!
156908_586000158148135_1240144000_n.jpg

Kit was just as promised in the original box with only the power pipe having been used before.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Unless you have no choice I would keep it closed loop.. both valve covers and back to the vacuum fitting on the power pipe..

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I bought a vacuum tree to hopefully make it easier cleaner. So a single vac line to each valve cover and do what with the pcv? I really need to learn about this stuff....

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can only imagine the explanation with out a pic would be a little challenging. Like I said I really don't know much- ok don't know ANYTHING bout how it all works.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
This is how I run mine.. the only thing I didn't like is I could smell it when I was out side and the car was running.. eventually ill change it to where is sealed catched can instead of breather type.. now if you run it like this but a sealed can and run a vac line to the power pipe after the maf I don't see why it would not work..

chris91

Reaction score
Scott you should polish that blower before throwing it on. I semi polished mine with it on the car(PITA) and it looked so much better.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not having luck finding any better diagram

No need that shows everything I needed to know. The catch can I have has a breather area or a bolt to put in it. Should all this be on its own vac line separate from the vac tree? I figured it would break it out to the smaller lines needed in all he other areas that need vac?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
So with the sealed system would I need to change the pcv valve or leave it in? I assume the PP in the circle is the vac tree to the rest of the lines?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online