Valve covers

Caboose302

Reaction score
Does anyone make aftermarket valve covers for the 2v other than trick flow and BBK? I've done some searches but can't seem to find anything for a "reasonable" price.
I think the BBK ones looks the coolest so far but there seems to be an issue with them sealing properly.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Other than some fab'd up aluminum sheet type floating around, bbk and trick flow is it.

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
Yeah I saw some Morosos that were about 500. I think I'll try the BBKs and see how they work. Thanks.

Sent from mah Obamafone

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I heard the bbk don't seal all that well.

Mine are team breed but they are out of business now I think.

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
I've heard the same. I was just hoping it was a fluke from the two people I knew that had them.
I like yours. Clean and simple.
The trick flow ones look like a stock cover with a plaque stock on it.

Sent from mah Obamafone

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
There you go! Find a perfect set, clean them up, and paint them to look aluminum. If looks are the only reason to run the aluminum VC, I think you could pull off some tricks.

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
There you go! Find a perfect set, clean them up, and paint them to look aluminum. If looks are the only reason to run the aluminum VC, I think you could pull off some tricks.

Yeah I just didn't really like the stock look. With a 302 you can spend 500 on an intake and get performance and good looks. I kinda like how mine looks stock. Just wish it looked a little better. There's a guy local that can powder coat them so I'll just take a look at that.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Here's what mine look like polished.

VT Engines/CMS were selling them with their logo engraved for a few years so you may be able to find some if you like them.

I may polish mine up since they are off the car. I need to do my exhaust so might as well do these too.

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
Those look awesome. I may go with the aluminum look since I got burnt out on polishing with my Chevelle when I was younger. I was one of those guys with a chromed out engine bay plus everything else on the car seemed like it was chrome on the car.

Sent from mah Obamafone

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I kind of like the Moroso covers and if I didn't have these that is probably what I would get.

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I detailed my buddy's engine bay, I ended up painting the stock valve covers a flat aluminum color, then I wet sanded the ribs so that the black came back through. It was free, and gives it a little bit of detail to the stockers:

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Shoooo......looks awesome! The only way I'd splurge for aluminum VC is if I would be mounting a distributor

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
I kind of like the Moroso covers and if I didn't have these that is probably what I would get.

I like the Morosos but there's no way I'm spending $500 on valve covers.

When I detailed my buddy's engine bay, I ended up painting the stock valve covers a flat aluminum color, then I wet sanded the ribs so that the black came back through. It was free, and gives it a little bit of detail to the stockers:

That looks really good. AND it's orange! Lol

Sent from mah Obamafone

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online