vehicle wiring...

JUICED

Reaction score
ok i need to know what circuts are wired to what harness...

as the efi harness is totally usless for my new setup.. the last car i've pulled the wiring out of was a fox so i wanna do some reading and start putting together a wiring harness during the witnertime here..

the main body harness would run down the drivers side, and contain everything as far as lights, airbags, heat/ac etc..

and the engine harness would be on the left side, and includes all the systems for pats, the egnine/trans etc..

correct :dunno:

basically i want the body stuff (windows, lights, doorlocks, airbags, abs and heat and air to remain in the car) all the gauges, engine stuff i'm going to have to rewire.

edit: Trubble, i know youve pulled the wiring, get in here :naughty:

OP
OP
J

JUICED

Reaction score
err upon second inspection it will probably be less of a PITA to just buy a painless harness and rip out all the factory wiring within reason..

so this is what i'm looking at.. 8 panel 12 circut system. tell me if i've missed anything here folks..

Circut 1 - 12 v constant power locks
Circut 2 - 12 v constant for alarm, retained accessories (clock, radio etc)
Circut 3 -
Circut 4 -
Circut 5 - Switch 1 - Switched Accessory power for power windows, radio, gauges, turn signals brake lights, wipers, power mirrors.
Circut 6 - Switch 2 - Switched Ignition power for heater fan, abs, ign module (msd box etc)
Circut 7 - Switch 3 - Switched Power for headlights, foglights.
Circut 8 - Switch 4 - Swithced Power for electric fan
Circut 9 - Switch 5 - Switched Power for Fuel Pump
Circut 10 - Switch 6 - Switched Power for Fuel Pump 2 (optional)
Circut 11 - Switch 7 - Switched Power for electric Waterpump
Circut 12 - Switch 8 - Switched power for engine start.

the only stuff i really am thinking about leaving in the car, is the factory lock wiring (god i hate ford 5 wire setups with a passion)

and maybe the lighting stuff, as just thinking about having to wire headlights, turnsignals, brake lights, daytime running lights, foglights, just really seems like it'd be a royal pita.

any input is appreciated

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT! connect the blue with white stripe wire to the brown with magenta stripe wire or else...

12kz0.gif
70529038bu2.gif
99636422fv9.gif

KABOOM!!!!

OP
OP
J

JUICED

Reaction score
JUICED said:
err upon second inspection it will probably be less of a PITA to just buy a painless harness and rip out all the factory wiring within reason..

so this is what i'm looking at.. 8 panel 12 circut system. tell me if i've missed anything here folks..

edit: without all the mumbo jumbo.. the painless harness looks like it has provisions for everything i need other than power windows/locks and the heater fan.. so that may be a way to go and just add in a few circuts..

or just splice off of the existing harnesses, but thats a huge pita too

any input is appreciated

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Staff online