Venting rear brakes...

GDawg

Reaction score
So we have those "false" rear brake vents... Has anyone opened them up to actually vent the rear brakes?

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the ones in the rear quarter panels? in front of the rear tires?

If so... Mine are open. I have a '94 V6.

Jeremy

Downshift

Reaction score
They are vented on my 94 too. Dont see how it does much though the vent points right onto the tires how is that supposed to help out the brakes? I have always been curious.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Julian Moore said:
They come vented from the factory in the 95's. :thumb: :pimp2:
i was going to say, granted i havent seen my car in a month but im pretty sure mine are allready vented.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
they are vented to help dry the tires or sumthin like that..they have no effect on the brakes...and you will most likely not be needing them to be functional to cool your brakes...unless your are doing some very aggressive road racing where you are constantly on and off the brakes. :thumb:

S

scarface

can anyone take a pic of the vents at the front and in the fener well?

Downshift

Reaction score
Are you talking about where the air enters or exits? My camera is broken otherwise I would take one I might be able to snap one with my girlfriends camera when she comes over tonight. So like 11pm.

S

scarface

Both. Mine on my 97 is non vented. I want to see what it looks like on both ends.

Any pic would be appriciated.-David

badass98svt

Reaction score
All 94-95 stangs had the open scoops. 96-98 stangs have the fake scoops. Kinda like the 94-95s also had the smooth mirrors and 96-98s have a textured finish to them.

In the fenderwell it's just a plastic screen that you can see.

S

scarface

I understand the difference. I just want to see what it looks like.

S

scarface

thanks bro...I wanna see if it would be worth it to get the 94-95 inserts for my ride before painting it.

OT: Jeremy can you take that pic of my car you have and paint the car for me? all black please...I just wanna see what it would look like finished. Im thinking of going with competition orange instead of the black, if you could find that color also:) thanks bro.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Scarface, it would be useless to cut up your car to install the "functional" scoops.
They don't actually do anything.

Downshift

Reaction score
In my opinion it would be worth it. Personally I really like it I think its cool that you can tell someone they actually work not like most mustangs. Not really for how it would make a difference but just because they would actually be vents not just fake vents. I hate how they started putting on these vents and scoops that were fake. Sorry I havnt taken a pic for ya I have been busy and my camera is busted and my gf keeps forgetting it haha. Later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online