Vert top won't go down

Gtvert

Reaction score
Ok so try to put top Down and it won't move I can hear the motor running that's in center behind the rear seat. I can assist it Down but when I go to raise it, it goes up May be a little slow but works. Any ideas?

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I been raising my top by hand and loweRing by hand for years. Your pump might b low on fluid. Or you could be leaking oil. And have to fix t that first. Upholstery shop could fix it I believe. I haven't got around to doing it myself

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

OP
OP
G

Gtvert

Reaction score
Do I need to hold the button down too when I Manually lower/raise it?

SVTstang96

Reaction score
If you can figure out what is leaking or broken let me me know. I have the entire kit i would sell parts from for less than new or ebay. Pump, Lines, Actuator, Button, Frame.

GT3FC

Reaction score
I had the same problem.. my hydroponic fluid in my convertible top motor was very low. (i have a very small leak) the easiest way to get to the motor is to remove the back seat. you can also get to it from the trunk. The real PITA is filling it up. It takes automatic trans fluid. but the plug for the drain hole is small. I used a syringe to fill mine back up it took forever though

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had the same problem.. my hydroponic fluid in my convertible top motor was very low.

Yep. Same thing happened on the 99 sixer vert that I used to have. However, I didn't care enough to worry about filling it back up. I just continued to help it up and down by hand up until the point in which I got rid of the car.

OP
OP
G

Gtvert

Reaction score
The car has been sitting since 2009 and I got it last summer so it's a possibility it's leaked out and dried by now lol

OP
OP
G

Gtvert

Reaction score
I had the same problem.. my hydroponic fluid in my convertible top motor was very low. (i have a very small leak) the easiest way to get to the motor is to remove the back seat. you can also get to it from the trunk. The real PITA is filling it up. It takes automatic trans fluid. but the plug for the drain hole is small. I used a syringe to fill mine back up it took forever though

Thanks for the tip I'll pick up some Tomm and try it.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I put oil in mine and it leaked it all out on both sides by the rear speakers. My car stunk of atf for weeks

5litrarag

Reaction score
If you care about your car, Dont just add fluid...chances are its leaking the fluid out behind the rear panels. Pull them out and see whats going on before adding fluid or you're car is gonna smell like a transmission shop. Chances are one of the lines split or one of the lift cylinders is leaking.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
If you care about your car, Dont just add fluid...chances are its leaking the fluid out behind the rear panels. Pull them out and see whats going on before adding fluid or you're car is gonna smell like a transmission shop. Chances are one of the lines split or one of the lift cylinders is leaking.

I tried but couldn't figure out how to because of styling bar. How do you remove the panels if u have a styling bar

OP
OP
G

Gtvert

Reaction score
Good point lol

5litrarag

Reaction score
I tried but couldn't figure out how to because of styling bar. How do you remove the panels if u have a styling bar

Not sure, I dont have a styling bar on mine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online