VIBRATION AFTER INSTALLING NEW CLUTCH

Wichers123

Reaction score
Ok guys, finished up installing my clutch 2night and I go to crank it for the first time and I feel this vibration through the car. I try and give it a second to smooth out and hope its nothing major, so I take it out for a test drive and didn't even go a block because I was scared of the vibration. It got worse in some parts of the rpm's and then smoothed out some in other rpm's. I did use a new tob, pilot bearing, new flywheel but the shop brought me a 10.5' six bolt instead of the 11'' I had and I just used a 10.5' clutch but I used some bolts I bought at Ace because I couldn't find the bolts or I had different ones or whatever. But anyway, my question is what do you guys think is going on???? and it does vibrate in neutral, I even reved it a little and it got worse.... Thanks in advance for all the help
Also next time why don't you give us make model and year, so you don't have pushrods guys just spilling bad information to a modular problem.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
First off 96-98 cobras use a t45 trans/8bolt crank. so a 8bolt flywheel is the one to use, then you should be using a 10.5" clutch. The
last question did you put the pilot bearing in the flywheel. If you didn't pull it now before you jack up the input shaft bearing in the trans.

You did see he posted he had a 6 bolt crank to begin with right? So he replaced it with that. To my understanding it drove fine before he did the clutch.

So therefore something he installed or possibly the bolts he used are having a serious effect on this.

Wichers123

Reaction score
You did see he posted he had a 6 bolt crank to begin with right? So he replaced it with that. To my understanding it drove fine before he did the clutch.

So therefore something he installed or possibly the bolts he used are having a serious effect on this.
If it's a cobra it's a 8bolt plan and simple. If it's a gt it's 6bolt all the way up to 99 I believe.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
If it's a cobra it's a 8bolt plan and simple. If it's a gt it's 6bolt all the way up to 99 I believe.

Did you not read the thread?

I think he is meaning he has a 6 bolt GT flywheell. To my knowledge non pi motors have a 6 bolt and I think some pi have them too but there are also 8 bolt flywheels on some of them. I know the 96+ cobra has a 8 bolt.

OP technically the 11" flywheel and 10.5" disc should work just fine.

but why couldn't get get you a 11" clutch kit??

Im im thinking he gave you a improperly balanced flywheel. Or maybe you knocked a weight loose off your DS or maybe don't have some bolts fully tightened.

I would check every bolt first and if that doesn't fix it. The clutch kit or flywheel they supplied to you is the issue.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Also next time why don't you give us make model and year, so you don't have pushrods guys just spilling bad information to a modular problem.

Bad info really???? Looks like this PUSHROD GUY didn't spill bad information.

cd93b06fbb60198c91cc95defb727ab5.jpg

Wichers123

Reaction score
It's ok I guess sometimes people needs to simply read more and not judge. Some pushrod people are privy to other models of engines.i mean you got flat up got owned. Hahaha
Okay guy, you so owned me. The guy never said he was cobra or gt, and I don't really care to trace down his other posts to see wtf he is asking about. All I said was if he's cobra it's 8bolt and gts are 6bolt. they all use t45's till the switch to the 3650 which had a 11" clutch and 8 bolt flywheel. The 99/01 and 03/04 cobras have a t56 with a 8bolt and 11" clutch also.

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score

You are correct, and this is the dilemma we are trying to figure out.

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
And sorry for the confusion guys, if I didn't add it in the beginning of this thread I have a 2000 Mustang Gt 4.6 2v engine

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Any update?

Did you try to check the part #'s they gave you?
Not really much of an update yet, waiting on pay day. But, the vibration has calmed down a little bit its not as violent as it was at first but its still noticeable whenever you get around 2k rpm. I'm just ready to get this problem solved nomatter what it takes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online