Vibration after poly motor mounts

Discussion in '96-04 - 4V Specific' started by ForcFed93, Aug 18, 2017.

1. ForcFed93

ForcFed93 Member

So after the install of my headers/poly motor mounts, I have a pretty significant vibration from about 11-1400 rpms. After the motor is warmed up, the mounts seem to soften a little bit and ease the vibration but it's still pretty noticeable. I'm sure it doesn't help that I also have poly rack bushings which transmits vibration from the K Member through to the steering wheel also.

So my question is this: Without removing the poly mounts how can I ease this vibration? Will it reduce over time? Will a quality harmonic balancer help?

2. evilcw311

evilcw311 Most Evil Member! SN95 Supporter

Balancer sounds subject to me with where it's doing it in lower rpm's. It would be less noticeable at higher rpm's. Kinda like when you have a tire out of balance and you hit a certain speed you can feel it then accelerate past that speed and it disappears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ForcFed93

ForcFed93 Member

I may just end up ordering the March 1158-08 fluid dampener. Free up a little HP and hopefully smooth it out some. I feel like I'm just throwing hundred dollar bills at this thing left and right. Oh well.

4. SnakeBit!

SnakeBit! Active Member

steeda has a good one and is less expensive I think.

5. ForcFed93

ForcFed93 Member

I've only seen Steeda sold as a whole underdrive pulley set up, which I don't want. Not to mention, the set up is about $250, whereas the March P1158-08 is only about $125. Only downside is that I'll have to get a shorter belt to accommodate it.

6. SnakeBit!

SnakeBit! Active Member