Vibration after poly motor mounts

ForcFed93

Reaction score
So after the install of my headers/poly motor mounts, I have a pretty significant vibration from about 11-1400 rpms. After the motor is warmed up, the mounts seem to soften a little bit and ease the vibration but it's still pretty noticeable. I'm sure it doesn't help that I also have poly rack bushings which transmits vibration from the K Member through to the steering wheel also.

So my question is this: Without removing the poly mounts how can I ease this vibration? Will it reduce over time? Will a quality harmonic balancer help?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Balancer sounds subject to me with where it's doing it in lower rpm's. It would be less noticeable at higher rpm's. Kinda like when you have a tire out of balance and you hit a certain speed you can feel it then accelerate past that speed and it disappears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
Balancer sounds subject to me with where it's doing it in lower rpm's. It would be less noticeable at higher rpm's. Kinda like when you have a tire out of balance and you hit a certain speed you can feel it then accelerate past that speed and it disappears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may just end up ordering the March 1158-08 fluid dampener. Free up a little HP and hopefully smooth it out some. I feel like I'm just throwing hundred dollar bills at this thing left and right. Oh well.

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
steeda has a good one and is less expensive I think.

I've only seen Steeda sold as a whole underdrive pulley set up, which I don't want. Not to mention, the set up is about $250, whereas the March P1158-08 is only about $125. Only downside is that I'll have to get a shorter belt to accommodate it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online