((((Vibration Problem))))

kyle94gt

Reaction score
Got a quick question.. I recently had my AOD-E rebuilt by a reputable local shop. I believe I recieved a new torque converter due to it being a different color than the one I sent them. Now they may have just painted it but who knows. No biggie it was stock anyways. Upon replacing the transmission and driving a couple of days I notice a vibration around 60 mph. It as well vibrates when I rev the engine up and let it fall. around 1500-2000 range on the way up and back down. Could this be because the converter isn't balancing well with my dampener or something else? Thanks!

:dunno:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
well lets start with why that coverter is NOT the same color as it was when you took the car to them ??? ??? ??? ??? something sounds fishy there......I have NO IDEA of why they would have painted yours, so that leads me to think that the one in the car now is NOT the one that it had when you took the car to them :-\

OP
OP
K

kyle94gt

Reaction score
Well I'm thinking that what the guy had done was give me a new converter due to the 4 mounting stems looking clean and unharmed, and the inside looking real fresh so I'm going on the fact that he gave me a new one. I'm off on Fridays so I'm planning on making a stop by his shop this friday to ask him a couple of questions about it but I dunno.. it runs great other than that freakin vibration. It's annoying haha.

95-stang

Reaction score
It might run great, but its not going to do the trans a lot of good. It does sound fishy. :(

ryclef331

Reaction score
before you go in there and look like an A-hole....make SURE your balancer didn't take a dump on ya....BUT you are probably in your assumption of the TQ converter being the problem.

OP
OP
K

kyle94gt

Reaction score
Haha yeah I don't want to come off an a-hole about it... he told me to bring the whole car if I had any problem with it so I figured it'd be the best thing to do. How would I go about checking the t converter out to see if it took a crap on me? I can't remember if I mentioned it but it makes a thunk sound when the motor is cold and I put it in reverse.. anyways.. thanks for your help everyone.. it's always been hard on other sights to get a response to a post and this is the only one so far that I've found help with... keep up the good work guys..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online