Vid of me at the track.

blstang

Reaction score
nice...what did you launch at and what did you shift at?

OP
OP
V

VertTireSmoke

Reaction score
blstang said:
nice...what did you launch at and what did you shift at?

I launched at around 1500rpm since im still on street tires. Im not the best driver so i could prolly get a better launch with some more practice. I shifted around 6k. I know now that i should have shifted a lil earlier due to the NPI but u learn more everytime i guess.

Hellion94

Reaction score
From my experience with mustangs of that power level and street tires this is the best track method:

short little burnout to clean the tires off, a clutch drop works just fine

hold the RPM at 2500, then when the lights come, just drop the clutch but don't move your foot. The tires will spin a little, but not enough to keep spinning as you roll into the throttle, but also not enough to let the car bog.

Power shift at 5000-5500, but never more than that, stockish 5.0's don't like that kind of RPM.

blstang

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
From my experience with mustangs of that power level and street tires this is the best track method:

hold the RPM at 2500, then when the lights come, just drop the clutch but don't move your foot. The tires will spin a little, but not enough to keep spinning as you roll into the throttle, but also not enough to let the car bog.

Power shift at 5000-5500, but never more than that, stockish 5.0's don't like that kind of RPM.
thanx a lot...on my best et w/street tires i launched at umm 3000 or so got a 2.101 60' and shifted at 5200 and ran a 14.721 ...im thinking i could/should be running better...and track conditions were decent...any tips?

OP
OP
V

VertTireSmoke

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:

Appreciate the tips. I probably won't be back to the track until i get my PI intake and cams put in tho. Ne1 have ne tips for racing after the swap? Should i try and change anything or just stick with the way im going? I'll still be on street tires tho since im very broke and can't afford radials yet. :(

97vertstang

Reaction score
nice run!!!!! at first i thought u had jacked my car ;D nice car BTW!!!!!!

Hellion94

Reaction score
blstang said:
Hellion94 said:

thanx a lot...on my best et w/street tires i launched at umm 3000 or so got a 2.101 60' and shifted at 5200 and ran a 14.721 ...im thinking i could/should be running better...and track conditions were decent...any tips?

Well it depends on what you have in your car, and elevation and all thet. What mods, if any, do you have? where are you located? stuff like that.

OP
OP
V

VertTireSmoke

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
blstang said:
Hellion94 said:

Well it depends on what you have in your car, and elevation and all thet. What mods, if any, do you have? where are you located? stuff like that.

All the mods i have listed are in my sig. I mainly run at the Mason dixon dragway in Maryland. Its not the best of tracks but i have heard of many far worse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online