Video: KB in the 1/8

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Nice vid. I like the blower whine too. :naughty:

I hate it how the camera makes everything seem slower than it actually is :dunno:

wytstang

Reaction score
Love the whine man I'm really looking forward to my build.

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
EH, que el chingao es tu caballeros habla?? :banana:

Sweet vid man, thats the first time i've seen kennedale, but i'll be seeing it in person soon enough i imagine, THATS A WHINEY BITCH! ;D

Hey do they allow you to take vids from the pit? Or like at least from the side of the pit? I'd like to get some close up vids when i go of everybody.

Hey hey, if we do something at a track all together maybe we could make a cruise out to texas motorplex for the 1/4! :eek:

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
whats your reaction time.....any punch it as soon as that last yellow light lights up.... O0

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
His R/Ts were like 1.0's if I remember...lol jk

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eIXZWiOiM8

after watching this i have learned

#1 i need to heat the tires more...(notice i didnt get traction)
#2 i need to launch next time im at the track. talk about slow.

Nice vid Paul.............hmmm seems to me that someone here on this site said that those BFG's need to be heated to proper temp so that that hook at their maximum capability ::) ::) and then there were some know it all guys that said that was not necessary :p You guys go back and look at my vid that I posted in Paul's first thread about him going to the track. Look and LISITNE to my 91 coming off the line, that is a 3k launch on 275 BFG Drag Radials with about 13* of air in them with a GOOOOOOOOO HEAT JOB ON THE TIRES. Sounds like a very brief chirp and nothing but HOOK after that to me, what do you guys think? 8)

Oh for anyone who missed it thats my 91GT with Full exhaust / 373's / and drag radials THATS ALL and ran a 8.65 on this run

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Trish's behind owns all...

Amen brother :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: Id rather watch that all day long than any racing vid :boink:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
canada FTW!

jaime_koeppe_13.jpg

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
95KBGT said:

Nice vid Paul.............hmmm seems to me that someone here on this site said that those BFG's need to be heated to proper temp so that that hook at their maximum capability ::) ::) and then there were some know it all guys that said that was not necessary :p You guys go back and look at my vid that I posted in Paul's first thread about him going to the track. Look and LISITNE to my 91 coming off the line, that is a 3k launch on 275 BFG Drag Radials with about 13* of air in them with a GOOOOOOOOO HEAT JOB ON THE TIRES. Sounds like a very brief chirp and nothing but HOOK after that to me, what do you guys think? 8)

Hmm,Paul could heat those tires all that he wanted,but if he lauched a 3k he'd do nothing but spin through 1st. Speakin of the last thread......some "Know it all guy" also nailed what his time would be....guess that "he" doesn't know anything either. ;)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94twinscrew said:
Snakebit said:
95KBGT said:

Hmm,Paul could heat those tires all that he wanted,but if he lauched a 3k he'd do nothing but spin through 1st. Speakin of the last thread......some "Know it all guy" that also nailed what his time would be....guess that "he" doesn't know anything either. ;)

I'm not going to argue with you on this, I have had the BFG DR's for the last 6 years so I know how the tires have to be heated for them to run properly PERIOD. Paul's car is faster than that 8.4 and that's a fact, If I was in the damn thing with the power he has I have no doubt I would get at least 8.20's out of it. That's not a knock on Paul's driving I just know how to drive on the Dr's since I have been doing it for 6 years on 4 diffrent year stangs. They have to be heated to operating temp to work the way they are intended to work.

Just for reference my 91 had a complete stock suspension with NO quad shocks and all but dead hooked on that run in the vid. I wish I had a vid of my 95GT, it had full exhaust / gears/ coldair/ pulleys/ TB and a 73mm massair and ran 8.60's all day long on DR's and I know that damn GT didnt have the power that Pauls car has.

Oh you do know that the BFG DR's are on 7 second 1/4 cars dont you? I dont think Paul has rear end work yet, but the DR's have enough hook to keep him from " spinning through 1st"

^when heated properly

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i just got back from lunch, and saw the HPP guys up there eating, they seem to think my MPH is good for a really low 8we shall see.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
i just got back from lunch, and saw the HPP guys up there eating, they seem to think my MPH is good for a really low 8we shall see.

Paul my 7.96 was at 88mph I believe, I dont recall what your mph was.......I need to go back and look at your slip. My entire point on this is those dr's need to be heated up with a nice smoky burnout.....im not talking out of my ass on this. I have been using the damn tires for 6 years now and they have been on my 95GT / 91GT / 98GT / and my 99 Cobra. Your 60ft time can be cut by about .2 you should be able to get a 1.80 or maybe a 1.7x that would give you a sub 8.30 run with clean shifs and all the rest.

I wish I lived closer to you so I could take that bitch down the track one time . :mad:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.