Vinyl Wrap

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by ranger56528, Apr 14, 2016.

1. ranger56528

ranger56528 Active Member

Did search but kinda came up blank so my question is have any of you had a vinyl wrap done to your 94-95 and if so do you like it and what was the ruff cost. Now that I'm getting my tranny done when I get it back i would like to vinyl wrap it in Dark Midnight Blue Metallic,the car is rust free with rock chips so I figured just doing a wrap would be a good way to go.

2. 1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt Well-Known Member

Dark Midnight Blue Metallic. MMM nice.

I have a buddy that owns a detail shop, he also does wraps. He charges approx $2,000 to fully wrap a coupe/sedan. (The wrap material itself costs between $300-$600.) It comes with a warranty and the wrap should last a minimum of 5 years if outside all year, longer if kept in a garage.

As to answer your question of does it look good, yes it looks awesome. Just like paint. He recently wrapped this 370z a rasberry blue and it looks sick. You would never know it wasn't paint

3. 98snakehorse

98snakehorse Well-Known Member

I just wrapped the roof and side pillars on my 98. Pretty easy to work with after you get the hang of it. I will tell you that vinyl wrap will still show any indented imperfections in your paint though, chips deep scratches ect.

4. ranger56528

Ok so a little fill and sand would be a good idea,thanks.

5. ranger56528

2k is still cheaper then paint if taken care of but then again I could wet sand it down grab my old Binks #7 gun,mix up some single stage,drink lots of beer and go to town.........j/k on last part.......The guy that does my cars and trucks quoted me around 6-8k for a good basic paint job and upwards of 10k for a real good show quality paint job so 2k for a wrap isn't that bad and a guy can change the color every 5+ years if so inclined.