Viper alarm problem

WhiteGT

Reaction score
I recently put the battery back in my car after fixing a few things and now the alarm is arming and I cannot get the car started. I tried turning the key to on/run and pushing the valet button but it still is not working. I have the remote but it does not work the light comes on and I have changed the battery on it. What is the best way to get it running and fixed? Get a new remote? I have disconnected the battery and tried again to no avail. Thanks

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
turn the key on and push/hold the button for 1-second, then releasing and wait a second. Depending on how old it is that should shut the alarm down. After that try turning the key on/off and then push and hold the button for a few seconds. Hopefully the led will light up and then while still holding the button push and hold the lock/button 1 on your remote and hopefully the led will go off to show it programmed the remote.

OP
OP
W

WhiteGT

Reaction score
Tried to reset even tried doing it with two and three taps of switch as I heard they could be programmed that way what other ways to disable temporarily or permenantly as I cant even get it to an alarm shop as of now
thanks

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
depends on the model. If you can find the ecu for the alarm and get me the model number it would help

OP
OP
W

WhiteGT

Reaction score
I know it's supposed to be under driver dash. Do I have to remove that part to see model number

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
depends on how well they installed it. Could be behind the dash or else in the drivers kick is another popular place for mustangs since %75 of the wires are there. Stick your head up under the dash with a light and see what you can see. It might be right there in your face sticking out but when I install them, well you would not find mine.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online